Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Paramedic
Location: Rohrsburg, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-Central Region Emergency Medical Services Team
Date Posted: 12/13/2022
Job ID: R-41805
Job SummaryProvides pre-hospital advanced life support services in
accordance with the Pennsylvania -Emergency Medical Services Act
(37-2009) and consistent with related rules, regulations and
- Responds as dispatched within defined geographic coverage area
to enhance community advanced life support services.
- Abides by all Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Performs patient assessment and obtains historical data;
conveys pertinent findings via two-way communications systems to
appropriate Medical Commander.
- Effects patient care within the scope of practice and in
accordance with regional triage, treatment and transfer
- Assumes control position at scene of pre-hospital patient
encounter; provides appropriate direction to primary response
- Conducts vehicle and equipment survey at onset of assigned tour
and following patient encounters; participates in maintaining
preparedness for response.
- Performs routine equipment and vehicle checks at the change of
each shift and uses proper written documentation.
- Completes written report to detail outcome of each dispatch;
promptly submits report of each patient encounter at both
destination facility and base location.
- Participates in the orientation of newly hired personnel.
- Provides preceptorships as assigned for new personnel, students
accepted from affiliate agency programs and volunteers.
- Shares in housekeeping duties along with other crew
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety
improvement and management program.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Knows and follows organizational and departmental policies and
procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Participates in required organizational and departmental
patient safety education programs and other activities designed to
improve departmental and organizational patient safety.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.
- Responsible for coordination with local Fire and Rescue
personnel in conducting joint Fire and Emergency Medicine Services
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Certified Paramedic - Default Issuing Body;
Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Paramedic, Healthcare , Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!