Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Full time 7pm-7:30am $1500 HiringIncentive!
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Title: Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Full time
7pm-7:30am $1500 Hiring Incentive!
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Cardiac Nursing Division
Date Posted: 10/27/2021
Job ID: R-21946
Job SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
The Monitoring Technician is responsible for on-going surveillance
of patient cardiac monitors on multiple floors and settings.
Provides registered nurses and clinicians with immediate
notification of any changes in cardiac rhythms. The Monitoring
technician completes the admission set-up of telemetry monitors for
the clinical units and performs monitor discharge and maintenance.
The Monitoring Technician has completed a Cardiac Dysrhythmia
Course and successfully passed a rhythm analysis examination.
- Maintains ongoing, high-level surveillance of patients' cardiac
rhythms and notifies nursing and clinicians of any rate and rhythm
- Measures and interprets patients' heart rhythm and documents on
patient rhythm strip every four hours.
- Initiates and discontinues monitoring equipment on admission,
transfer, or discharge.
- Performs configuration as necessary.
- Performs clerical duties related to admission, discharge, and
documentation of patient information from Central Cardiac
- Communicates clearly when receiving information from units or
- Uses clear and complete communication with unit personnel when
delivering information about changes in patient rhythm.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Serves as a resource for training and troubleshooting to both
the Central Cardiac Monitoring Room and clinical areas.
- Troubleshoots monitors with nursing staff and contacts Clinical
Engineering as appropriate.
- Gives report to oncoming shift.
- Prioritizes and organizes work assignment and adjusts
priorities based on changing situations.
- Maintains and stocks all designated equipment, including
telemetry and monitoring cables.
- Replaces defective equipment and reports failures to Clinical
- Adheres to confidentiality of information acquired pertaining
to patients, clinicians, employees, and visitors.
- Develops a rapport and cooperative relationship with nursing
and clinical staff and responds to questions and requests from
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsHours: 7pm-7:30am (3-12 hour shifts/week)Increased
Shift differential $2.50/hour weekdays $3.00 weekendsEvery other
weekend and holiday in rotationCentralized cardiac monitoring
positionCardiac monitoring experience preferred but willing to
trainWe're proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates (internal
candidates not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and
401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now!To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Ann Ackourey at: -email@example.com
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Centralized Cardiac Monitoring Technician - Full time 7pm-7:30am $1500 HiringIncentive!, Healthcare , Springville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!