Radiology Technologist Cardiac Catheterization - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Title: Radiology Technologist Cardiac Catheterization -
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Radiology
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Invasive Cardiac Laboratory Division
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Job ID: R-39986
Job Summary Provides technical assistance to performing physician
during diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations,
structural heart procedures, and other related procedures.
Responsible for direct care of patient during procedure as well as
management of hemostasis post procedure. Meets the qualifications
to provide care for patients in the specific age range in their
Job Duties C ome Join our Heart Institute Team! Geisinger Medical
Center (GMC) is the country's first hospital to receive The Joint
Commission/American Heart Association (AHA) Comprehensive Heart
Attack Center Certification. GMC has set the national standard for
care coordination among hospital leadership, interventional
cardiology, cardiac surgery, heart failure, advanced practice,
nursing, life support, emergency medicine, emergency medical
services (EMS), care management, pharmacy and cardiac rehab teams.
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Applicants
- Assists the physician with adult and pediatric cardiac
catheterizations including but not limited to the following
procedures and techniques: myocardial biopsy, transluminal coronary
angioplasty and stenting, rotational atherectomy, temporary
pacemaker insertion, pericardiocentesis, Swan-Ganz catheter
insertion, cardiac assist device insertion, percutaneous
valvuloplasty, percutaneous valve implantation, peripheral vascular
diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Practice of sterile technique preparing for procedure including
scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and setup of
- Performs emergency therapeutic maneuvers during
- Initiates life support techniques in the event of a cardiac and
respiratory arrest including CPR, defibrillation, temporary
pacemaker insertion and airway management.
- Assists with ongoing clinical research trials pertinent to the
cardiac catheterization laboratory.
- Records, monitors, and assesses hemodynamic data collected
- Responsible for primary and secondary hemostasis during and
- Operates and ensures the quality control of hemodynamic
recording devices, fluoroscopy and cine-angiographic x-ray
equipment, oxygen consumption equipment, and blood analysis
- Exhibits extensive knowledge of all related equipment within
the catheterization laboratory.
- Assists with the training and orientation of students, techs,
cardiology fellows, and cardiac catheterization technologists new
to the department.
- Preparation of arterial lines.
- Performs appropriate billing for services rendered or equipment
used as related to cardiac catheterization.
- Collection and analysis of arterial and venous blood samples
including specimens sent to laboratory, blood gases, and
- Participates in Joint Commission-mandated educational
programs.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Position Details $7,500 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Applicants New
Grads Welcome, Associates degree or Bachelors degree accepted . Are
you looking for a very fulfilling career, work with an awesome team
and save lives! Apply now! Position Details: To learn more about
Geisinger Heart Institute, please visit:
- ARRT Certification is required before hire date.
- Must become RCIS certified within two years.
- Must respond to GMC within 30 minutes for emergencies.
- 1 night of on call per week and every fourth weekend; rotating
- Shifts vary between: 7a-330p, 730a-4p, 8a-430p, 830a-5p. We're
proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment -Medical, prescription drug, vision
and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only) Up to
$5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
- Paid parental leave and Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Employee referral incentive program
Education Associate's Degree-Healthcare Related Degree
Experience Minimum of 2 years-Related work experience
Certification(s) and License(s) Registered Cardiovascular Invasive
Specialist (RCIS) within 2 years - Cardiovascular Credentialing
International (CCI); Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification
within 6 months - American Heart Association (AHA); Certified
Radiology Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Radiology Technologist Cardiac Catheterization - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Lairdsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!