RN - Registered Nurse - Advanced Acute Care Cardiac Telemetry Unit
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Title: RN - Registered Nurse - Advanced Acute Care Cardiac
Telemetry UnitLocation: Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
SupportSchedule: Nights Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GSWB
Medical-Surgical Nursing TeamDate Posted: 09/19/2022Job ID:
R-23040Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer an Inpatient RN a
hiring incentive up to $26,000 for eligible candidates! $35.88
minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
individuals and up to $7 shift differentials for evening, night,
and weekend shifts!Job DutiesBenefits of working at
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates--
- Grow your career with up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and---health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-term Disability--
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment----
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year----
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.--
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses--
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement--
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive program--Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Lyndsey Brandau at email@example.comJob
DescriptionAssesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates
nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes
adaptive responses of patient and family to achieve the highest
level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient
satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse
interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff.
Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their
assigned nursing unit. Responsible for ensuring the very best
patient and family experience by optimizing all interactions.
- ---Completes assessments as established by scope of practice
and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.Position
DetailsHours:--7P-7:30A, every other weekend and holidayUnit
Details: 14 bed unit. All private rooms. Cardiac Telemetry unit as
well as medical surgical, 4 hard wired monitored beds. Treat
congestive heart failure patients. GYN & Urology surgical patients.
Family medicine & hospitalists services 24/7. Phlebotomy experience
preferred but willing to train.Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre (an
entity of Geisinger Wyoming Valley) is proud to receive ANCC Magnet
Recognition--, the highest and most prestigious distinction a
health care organization can receive for nursing practice and
quality patient care.EducationGraduate from Specialty Training
Program-Nursing (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Business
Administration/Management (Preferred)Certification(s) and
License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of
Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing
BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , RN - Registered Nurse - Advanced Acute Care Cardiac Telemetry Unit, Healthcare , Moosic, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...