LPN- Licensed Practical Nurse- ICU
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Title: LPN- Licensed Practical Nurse- ICULocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category: LPN - Licensed Practical
Nurse, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: Nights Work Type: Full
timeDepartment: GWV Critical Care TeamDate Posted: 08/26/2022Job
ID: R-37172Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer an Inpatient
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) a $10,000 sign on bonus for eligible
candidates as well as up to $40,000 in financial support to become
a RN! $22.47 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for
experienced individuals and up to $5 shift differentials for
evening, nights, and weekend shifts!Job DutiesBenefits of working
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and--health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast--
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Tiffany Nino at email@example.com.Hours include:
7p-7:30a; every other weekend and holiday requirementsJob
- Contributes data to assessments as established by scope of
practice and unit standards.
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Reinforces patient and family education, family needs and
discharge planning throughout hospitalization.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and plan of
care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to
proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence based practice.
- Provides input to the manager for performance appraisals of
care delivery team members.
- Precepts and mentors new staff and students in a professional,
positive manner as assigned.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Contributes data to the assessment,
planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Promotes
adaptive responses of patient/family to achieve the highest level
of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction.
Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions.
Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned
unit.Position DetailsGeisinger Wyoming Valley is proud to receive
ANCC Magnet Recognition--, the highest and most prestigious
distinction a health care organization can receive for nursing
practice and quality patient care.--This unit has received a Silver
Beacon award and is considered the top 10% in the
nation.EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
(Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Practical Nurse -
Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our
students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We
strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and
brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , LPN- Licensed Practical Nurse- ICU, Healthcare , Duryea, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...