Medical Assistant - Women's Health
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job Title: Medical Assistant - Women's HealthLocation:
Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Patient Support, Nursing
and Nursing SupportSchedule: Days Work Type: Full timeDepartment:
Women's Health DivisionDate Posted: 05/10/2023Job ID: R-45332Job
SummarySupports patients and providers within the outpatient
setting by performing basic direct patient care activities.Job
- Provides basic patient care duties such as taking vital signs,
weights, assisting patient with ambulation, dressing and undressing
for examination, as directed by the provider and clinical
- Assists provider in setting up for minor procedures, gathering
supplies and equipment, applying aseptic dressings, opening
- Obtains and accurately documents patient information using the
rooming tool within the electronic medical record.
- Completes medication review.
- Accompanies providers and care team members during patient
examinations and assists as directed.
- Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
- Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient
understanding and adherence to treatment, and plan of care.
- Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated
paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team
member and follows through as directed.
- Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and
family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards
immediately to supervisor.
- Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated
- Completes Midas reports as per policy.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage and supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Inventories and orders supplies based on appropriate or
established inventory levels.
- Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from
- Assists in maintaining clean and organized work
- Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation
of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
- Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms.
- Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy
and procedure.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Position Details**Joining Incentive of
$1,500 for Qualified Applicants**We're proud to offer competitive
salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
includes:Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverageFamily Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)Employer
contribution to your retirement planTuition assistance (part time
and full time roles only)Generous paid time off packages that
allows you to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for
and reconnect with friends and family.Professional opportunities
for growth and advancementSupport and mentorship from a full range
of dedicated and experienced nursing leadersPaid Military
LeaveCommunity Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)-
(Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification within 6 months - Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Medical Assistant - Women's Health, Healthcare , Orangeville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...