Respiratory Therapist Registered or Certified- Per Diem
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist Registered or Certified- Per
DiemLocation: Wilkes-Barre, PennsylvaniaJob Category:
Rehabilitation ServicesSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part
timeDepartment: JM-GWV/GSWB Respiratory Services DivisionDate
Posted: 05/22/2023Job ID: R-47674Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to
offer a per diem Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Certified
Respiratory Therapist (CRT) competitive pay rates and up to
$5.50/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
shiftsJob DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health
- Free care.com membership with discounted backup care for your
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact our Candidate Care Line at 1-877-564-6447 or
GeisingerCareers@geisinger.eduJob DescriptionAssesses patients'
respiratory care needs based on a variety of data. Plans,
organizes, performs, and evaluates treatment modalities to meet
those needs. Ensures the very best patient/family experience by
optimizing all customer interaction.
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities
including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques,
pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with
routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency
mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family
education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO
monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge
planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies,
follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point
of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according
to established internal and external specifications and regulations
including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when
designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring
lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their
clinical rotation.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.EducationGraduate from Specialty
Training Program- (Required)Certification(s) and
License(s)Registered Respiratory Therapist - National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our
students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We
strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and
brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Respiratory Therapist Registered or Certified- Per Diem, Healthcare , Olyphant, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...