Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist PASNAP
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist PASNAP
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: CRNA, Advanced Practice
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Anesthesia Team
Date Posted: 04/25/2023
Job ID: R-46501
Job SummaryProvides anesthesia care in the Operating Room in
support of surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures under
general supervision of an anesthesiologist. Provides preoperative
evaluation and postoperative follow-up. Functions as a patient
advocate as confidant, advisor, and liaison between patients,
families, and physicians.
- Anesthetizes patients.
- Selects drugs for anesthesia and emergency treatment.
- Induces and maintains anesthesia, responds to codes and
maintains the airway.
- Monitors the patient and adjusts medications as needed.
- Treats variants of the anesthesia.
- Communicates patient's status with the surgeon, anesthetist and
- Assesses patient status, interprets hemodynamic waveforms and
- Takes corrective measures to keep patient in stable pre, peri
and post anesthesia.
- Conducts thorough preop evaluation of patient including chart
- Organizes OR room with equipment monitors and drugs needed for
- Performs diagnostic equipment checks.
- Coordinates with ancillary, nursing and physician staff to
ensure a safe environment for patient including positioning,
equipment troubleshooting and review of surgical procedure.
- Provides anesthesia support to assigned areas.
- Charts accurately, completely and efficiently into patient
- Transports patient safely, continues to monitor airway and
gives sign-out report to receiving team.
- Serves as an anesthesia expert, mentor, and preceptor to peers,
staff, residents, students, nurses and ancillary staff.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Travel may be
required. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations
and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
EducationMaster's Degree-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Certified Registered
Nurse Anesthetist - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist PASNAP, Healthcare , Olyphant, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!