Transfer Team Technician - No CNA Cert Required - Day/Eve Shift
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Title: Transfer Team Technician - No CNA Cert Required -
Day/Eve ShiftLocation: Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Nursing
Support Services, Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: Rotation
Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GMC Medical Care Nursing
DivisionDate Posted: 07/29/2021Job ID: R-17210Job SummaryGeisinger
is proud to offer a Transfer Team Technician a $15 minimum hiring
rate with increased rates for experienced individuals and up to $3
shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts! Also
offering up to $40,000 in financial support to become a nurse!Job
DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:--
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and---health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment----
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast------
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.--
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- On the job training and education--
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement--
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive program--Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at email@example.com.Job Description:
Serves as the Primary Source for Best Practice techniques in the
mobilization of patients. Ensures patient's and care givers safety
at all times. Responsible for planning, prioritizing, organizing
and performing patient lifts or patient repositioning, utilizing
appropriate lifting devices and equipment. Assumes responsibility
for reporting equipment maintenance needs to Clinical Engineering
and monitoring inventory of patient lifting and transfer equipment,
along with maintaining proper hygiene of equipment on each unit.
Assists nurse educators with staff education and training in use of
patient lifting equipment and appropriate lifting techniques and
making specialty chairs available whenever able and needed.
Maintains database or other documentation of key functions, and
- Serves as the Primary Resource for Best Practice techniques in
the mobilization of patients as the primary source of clinical
education on equipment and techniques when applicable.
- Ensures patient's safety at all times.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and performs requests for patient
lifting or repositioning as requested by the assigned nursing staff
or other personnel.
- Provides accurate documentation of daily patient lifting or
repositioning activity on the Patient Transfer and Lift Team work
log and database.
- Identifies appropriate lifting and repositioning technique and
device for each patient.
- Communicates plan to nursing staff for documentation in the
patient's plan of care.
- Maintains visibility on patient care units in order to offer
assistance with patient movement, between calls and scheduled
- Assists nurse educators with training programs for staff
related to lifting techniques and devices.
- Independently assumes role of mentor to nursing staff for the
utilization of all available lifting equipment in an appropriate
and effective manner.
- Educates nursing teams on use of equipment.
- Promotes use of proper body mechanics and technique when
lifting or repositioning patients.
- Maintains listing of all available lifting and repositioning
equipment available and conducts quarterly inventory of
- Maintains cleanliness of the equipment.
- Assesses need for new or additional equipment and assumes
responsibility for testing equipment.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Promotes positive image of the Patient Transfer and Lift Team
and the nursing department, through professional conduct,
appearance, and communication.
- Possesses interpersonal skills necessary for communicating
effectively and positively with patients, families, and other care
delivery team members.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Knows and follows organizational and departmental policies and
procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.Position
DetailsSchedule: Day/Evening shift rotation (Days 8am-4:30pm and
evenings 1pm to 9:30pm) including every second and third weekend
and holiday rotation.Opportunity to work independently and as a
team transferring patients using specialized equipment.No
experience required. Comprehensive on the job training
provided.EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)-
(Required)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we
do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Transfer Team Technician - No CNA Cert Required - Day/Eve Shift, Healthcare , Benton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!