RN- Registered Nurse- Regional Labor and Delivery Float
Company: Geisinger Health System
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Title: RN- Registered Nurse- Regional Labor and Delivery
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Women's & Children's Nursing Division
Date Posted: 08/05/2021
Job ID: R-17460
Job Summary Are you an RN looking to join our team of Healthcare
Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice,
and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding,
lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference
in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends,
neighbors, and family members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient RN
and start leading healthcare change, please apply now!
Provides care to patients undergoing surgery by assisting with
patient preparation and by circulating for various surgical
procedures. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients
in the specific age range on their assigned nursing unit. Serves as
a part of the team and therefore, accountable for demonstrated
behaviors and skills that support the success of the team.
- Coordinates room schedule and arrival of the patient in the
- Communicates with family representatives to allay
- Actively participates in surgical timeout.
- Directs and coordinates nursing activities within assigned
- Supervises and assists operative teams in aseptic
- Follows surgical procedures to anticipate needs of
- Observes, interprets, documents and reports signs indicative of
changes in patient's condition when patient receives local
- Supervises ancillary personnel.
- Maintains compliance with safety and preventative maintenance
activities for all medicine and technical advanced equipment to
minimize failures and unsafe conditions.
- Cleans, sterilizes (when appropriate), and prepares
instruments, as needed, according to established protocols to
ensure required levels of asepsis and availability.
- Provide for accurate care and handling of specimens and
- Assures proper handling of contaminated material.
- Counts sponges, needles and instruments, per policy.
- Assists in the cleaning and preparation of the OR between
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and good
working relationships to promote efficient operations.
- Assists with orientation, in-service programs, and supervising
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of an
effective quality improvement program.
- Safeguards patient from dangers and hazards.
- Operates sterilizers as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with the system policies and procedures,
all nursing standards of care and practice, to include all
regulatory agency requirements. We're proud to offer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Tuition assistance
- A shared governance structure
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated,
experienced nursing leaders This position is eligible for a joining
incentive. Apply now and learn more!
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Scranton , RN- Registered Nurse- Regional Labor and Delivery Float, Healthcare , Luzerne, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!