Respiratory Therapist Certified
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist CertifiedLocation: Scranton,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Rehabilitation ServicesSchedule: Rotation
Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GCMC Respiratory Services
DivisionDate Posted: 11/03/2022Job ID: R-40229Job SummaryGeisinger
is proud to offer a Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and Certified
Respiratory Therapist (CRT) a $15,000.00 hiring incentive for
eligible candidates, competitive rates and up to $5.50/hr. shift
differentials for evening, nights, and weekend shifts!Job
DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and--health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast--
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programRespiratory Therapy
Residency Program Transition to Practice Program for New Graduates:
- 12-month program offered to graduate RTs with less than one
year of acute care experience
- Focuses on developing critical thinking skills, collaborating
with other disciplines, and expanding knowledge.
- Provides education and resources to support graduate RTs during
the first year as a healthcare professional.Join the Geisinger
Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities,
please contact Lorie Lopez at email@example.comJob Description
Assesses patients' respiratory care needs based on a variety of
data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates treatment
modalities to meet those needs. --Ensures the very best
patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities
including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques,
pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with
routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency
mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family
education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO
monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge
planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies,
follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point
of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according
to established internal and external specifications and regulations
including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when
designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring
lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their
clinical rotation.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Position DetailsRotation, Primarily
night shiftWeekends and HolidaysEducationGraduate from Specialty
Training Program- (Required)Certification(s) and
License(s)Registered Respiratory Therapist - National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC); Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Certification - Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Member of National
Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) - National Board for Respiratory
Care (NBRC); Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing
Body; S.T.A.B.L.E. Certified - The S.T.A.B.L.E. ProgramOur Purpose
& ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Respiratory Therapist Certified, Healthcare , Greentown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!