Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse AnesthetistLocation:
Danville, PennsylvaniaJob Category: CRNA, Advanced
PracticeSchedule: Rotation Work Type: Full timeDepartment: GMC CRNA
TeamDate Posted: 07/20/2023Job ID: R-47733Job SummaryProvides
anesthesia care in the operating room in support of surgical,
diagnostic and therapeutic procedures under the general supervision
of an anesthesiologist. Provides preoperative evaluation and
postoperative follow-up. Functions as a patient advocate and
confidant, advisor and liaison between patients, families, and
- Anesthetizes patients.
- Selects drugs for anesthesia and emergency treatment.
- Induces and maintains anesthesia.
- Monitors the patient and adjusts medications as needed.
- Treats variants of the anesthesia.
- Communicates patient's status with the surgeon, anesthetist and
- Assesses patient status, interprets hemodynamic waveforms and
- Takes corrective measures to keep patient in stable pre, peri
and post anesthesia.
- Conducts thorough preop evaluation of patient including chart
- Instills confidence in patient.
- Organizes OR room with equipment monitors and drugs needed for
- Performs diagnostic equipment checks.
- Coordinates with ancillary, nursing and physician staff to
ensure a safe environment for patient including positioning,
equipment troubleshooting and review of surgical procedure.
- Responds to codes and maintains the airway.
- Provides anesthesia support to assigned areas.
- Charts accurately, completely and efficiently into patient
- Transports patient safely, continues to monitor airway and
gives sign-out report to receiving team.
- Serves as an anesthesia expert, mentor, and preceptor to peers,
staff, residents, students, nurses and ancillary staff.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.EducationMaster's
Degree-Nursing (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life
Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered
Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Licensed Certified
Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Healthcare , Stillwater, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!