Food Service Helper - Dietary - Part Time
Company: The Guthrie Clinic
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Position Summary: To be an active member of the dietary team to
provide the best dietary service for patients, employees, and staff
Education, License & Cert: Must have grammar school education,
should be able to read and write and be able to understand written
and oral communication. Experience: Some experience desirable, but
not necessary. Essential Functions:
- Performs functions of a food service helper according to
department policy and procedure.
- Prepares assembly line station for patient tray service in a
- Assembles food items for patient tray service according to
- Transports food carts to and from designated areas on patient
floors in a safe and timely manner.
- Collects all garbage in Dietary and Cafeteria areas and
transports to compactor/incinerator in a timely manner.
- Scrapes and washes all dishware from patient trays and employee
cafeteria according to department sanitation procedures.
- Scrubs and sanitizes all pots and pans and organizes in
- Utilizes proper body mechanics to prevent injuries.
- Demonstrates age specific communication skills.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and sanitary work area. Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned. Employment Value Proposition A career
with Guthrie means being part of an organization that s proud of
its heritage and clear about its future. Attracting and retaining
the best talent is crucial to our ambitions - it s why we offer
shared accountability, a team-based model, a supportive
environment, and ongoing development and educational opportunities.
If you re passionate about making a difference in patients lives in
a close-knit community, this is where you belong. Get ready to
shape the future of a patient-centric, clinician-led organization
with a proud history of progressive care. Perks and benefits of a
Guthrie caregiver: - Competitive pay - 403(b) - employer
match/contribution - Comprehensive benefit package - Career
advancement opportunities - Tuition reimbursement Joining the
Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition of
excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of
Guthrie, you ll find staff members who have committed themselves to
serving the community. The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing
physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and
Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500
physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47
specialties through a regional office network providing primary and
specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education
Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery
Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and
Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a
clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of
Keywords: The Guthrie Clinic, Scranton , Food Service Helper - Dietary - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Waverly, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!