Guest Service Associate
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Guest Service Associate
Location: Pittston, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Hospitality Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-Northeast Region Hospitality Services Team
Date Posted: 12/06/2022
Job ID: R-41652
Job Summary Responsible for providing a high level of customer
service to all guests entering system facilities. Enhances
service-oriented environment by welcoming patients and visitors.
Serves as an easily accessible and identifiable source of campus
and local area information. Performs appropriate screening
procedures for patients, guests and vendors.
- Warmly welcomes patients, visitors, vendors and guests to the
- Creates positive first and last impressions.
- Ensure screening and visitation policies and procedures are
adhered to for patients, guests and vendors.
- Opens car doors and assist patients and visitors safely in and
out of their vehicles.
- Assists patients with the use of Valet Parking and Shuttle
- Escorts or transports patients in wheelchairs to priority
- Assists in coordinating transport of patients with patient
transport service as needed.
- Evaluates need for patient transfer and lift team, calls for
assistance as needed.
- Furnishes information, directions and assistance to patients,
visitors, guests, vendors and employees.
- Obtains resources to transport patients to and from various
departments on campus; and maintains wheelchair availability in
assigned locations, as necessary.
- Checks wheelchairs and other equipment for defects and takes
for service as needed.
- Interacts with patients, visitors, guests and vendors in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Remains courteous, tactful and respectful at all times.
- Approach and connect with patients and visitors to discover any
assistance they may require.
- Respond to requests as appropriate and alert clinical staff and
other hospital departments as needed.
- Ensures hospital entrances and lobbies are clear, orderly and
- Collaborates with Environmental Services and Facilities as
- Identifies parking problems and seeks assistance from security
staff to redirect vehicles or issue violation notices as
- Enforces no smoking policy in all areas of campus.
- Reports safety concerns and patient issues to management, as
- Assesses potential employee and patient safety issues, provides
assistance to patients that fall in entrance areas and initiates
emergency system(s) as appropriate.
- Resolves visitor inquiries using the internet, as
- Documents and reports daily interactions with visitors,
patients and families seeking opportunities to improve quality and
the patient experience.
- Distributes maps, brochures, and other materials, as
appropriate to designated areas.
- Utilizes the patient information system to provide accurate and
appropriate information to patients, family members, approved
volunteer clergy and other staff members in accordance with HIPPA
regulations or required by an emergency or other operational
reasons for which the employee is qualified.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Guest Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Waymart, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!