Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: Design Group Americas
Posted on: September 19, 2023
WHO IS DESIGN GROUP?Design Group Americas is one of the U.S.
leaders of gift packaging, crafts, d--cor, and creative play
products with a portfolio of over 50 national brands, sold
nationwide and around the globe in the mass, middle and specialty
markets. We are proud to serve the best and biggest retailers in
the market like Amazon, Walmart, Target, and JoAnn Stores PLUS over
7,000 independent specialty retailers.
Design Group is recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Specialist.
This position reports to the Credit Manager.
WHAT WILL I DO IN THIS ROLE?
- Review bank and trade references as well as other credit
information to determine credit lines for major accounts which
include national retail chains.
- Resolve overdue balances and unauthorized customer deductions
through verbal and written correspondence.
- Account reconciliation: utilize vendor portals to determine
invoice pay dates and retrieve deduction support.
- Confirm and track customer program allowances and rebates.
- Monthly reporting of Accounts Receivable and claims
- Work closely with Logistics, Customer Care Teams, Sales Force
and Representatives for in depth review of customer deductions to
resolve pricing and delivery issues.
- Collect payments of outstanding accounts receivable and denied
- Other duties as assigned. WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of credit experience or other similar financial
experience, including prior experience navigating vendor websites
for retail chain, supermarket, and/or drug store customers.
- Knowledge of customer's financial statements, open A/R, and
credit reference information.
- Experience working with major retail customers is highly
- Strong analytical and research skills with the ability to work
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products, particularly
- Familiarity with AS400 or JD Edwards a plus.
- Awareness of confidentiality issues.
WHAT DOES DESIGN GROUP OFFER ME?We offer a comprehensive employee
benefits package including medical insurance and 401k with matching
program as well as a paid time off plan including family leave
options. Design Group believes in a fun, flexible work environment
that allows your creativity to flourish and grow.
Check out our video portal by clicking here!
Design Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We
are committed to building a talented network of diverse employees.
We are looking at all products with new eyes to ensure we are
representing diversity through design, marketing, and social media.
We are working diligently to increase the number of minority-owned
suppliers and freelancers that we partner with and product
donations are being made to organizations that align with our
support of inclusion and non-discrimination. Internally, we are
working to increase the diversity within our workforce through
multiple channels such as an internship program for aspiring black
and brown designers and a revamped employee referral program to
encourage employees to refer minority applicants. Our diversity
initiatives are designed to make us a well-rounded and inclusive
Keywords: Design Group Americas, Scranton , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Hospitality & Tourism , Berwick, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!