Human Resources Generalist (NY)
Company: Excellence Community Schools
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Who We Are
Excellence Community Schools (ECS) is an emerging Charter
Management Organization (CMO) supporting schools in the Bronx, NY
and Stamford, CT. Our programs are based on a proven, nationally
recognized model, which originated in our flagship school, the
Bronx Charter School for Excellence, a 2012 National Blue Ribbon
Our Mission and Vision
Our schools prepare young scholars to compete for admission to and
succeed in top public, private, and parochial high schools by
cultivating their intellectual, artistic, social, emotional, and
ethical development. We accomplish this by offering a challenging
and rigorous academic curriculum, which at the earliest of grades
has an eye towards college preparation. To achieve this, our
schools create a supportive and caring environment that at all
times has high expectations of all students. We offer a
differentiated, project-based learning environment that seeks to
develop high-level analytic and critical thinking skills in all of
our students. Our engaging and rigorous approach to educating our
scholars is implemented by a collaborative team of teachers.
Who We Need
We are seeking individuals who are dedicated, ambitious, and
committed to student success and education reform. Qualified
candidates must demonstrate records of achievement, high degrees of
personal responsibility, and the drive to do whatever it takes to
ensure that every child achieves academic success. This individual
must be committed to excellence, lead by example, and see
collaboration as a key component of success.
- Support the vision and strategic direction for continual
improvement of human resources, personnel policies, procedures, and
- Monitor implementation of HR programs and benefits, including
health, dental, vision, 403(B), disability, worker's comp, and life
insurance at local campuses.
- Support negotiations with benefit providers and implement open
enrollment processes for best-in-class benefits.
- Establish working relationship with vendors and brokers.
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams, for example payroll
reconciliation for benefit costs and employee file audits.
- Ensure the network's HR practices and actions are consistent
with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Support and implement network performance management, including
performance appraisal process, developing professional skills, and
- Prepare customized reports.
- Manage and maintain personnel and student records and ensure
all files are complete and compliant.
- Provide guidance and coaching for staff in personnel
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or higher with concentration in HR Management
other relevant field
- At least two (2) years of professional experience required
- Experience in human resources with employee benefit programs,
compensation, and Excel preferred.
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above requirements will not be
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Health, Dental, Vision, & 403b Retirement Plan available.
- Performance-based compensation for staff.
To learn more about our schools, please visit
Keywords: Excellence Community Schools, Scranton , Human Resources Generalist (NY), Human Resources , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!