Company: Community Options, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Community Options, Inc.* is a national non-profit agency
providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
We are seeking an *Employment Specialist* in *Drums, PA.* The
Employment Specialist uses best practices and technology within a
community based employment setting to supervise and train people
with developmental disabilities on how to acquire the physical,
intellectual, emotional and social skills needed to perform
specific job tasks, work routine, and personal life activities
critical to employment success. Using the least intrusive methods
possible on the job, their objective is to gradually reduce the
time spent at the job site, as the individual becomes better
adjusted and more independent. *This position requires travel
throughout *_*Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne, Lackawanna, and Monroe
Counties*_*Requirements: ** Bachelor's degree in related field
preferred. High School Diploma/GED required.
* 2 year experience in related field
* Valid driver's license with good driving record
* Satisfactory criminal background *Responsibilities: ** Provides
the necessary assistance for the individual to be placed in
competitive employment and maintain employment.
* Teaches the employee independent job skills and requirements
utilizing job task analysis and job specific supports, including
assistive technology and personal assistance.
* Assists individuals in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching
new skills appropriate to developing a resume, conducting a
successful job interview, and completing a job application.
* Works side by side with newly placed individual at the job site,
analyzing the job and breaking it into manageable components.
* Completes any unfinished work of the employee during the initial
* Identifies and solves problems before they become a crisis for
the individual, employer or co-workers.
* Builds a support network between the individuals and community
* Communicates employee's progress to the employer and support
people, including family, residential staff and other
* Accurately completes all in-house documentation. *Why Community
Options?** Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Paid Holidays - Including a Birthday Holiday
* Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
* 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
* Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities Community Options is an
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V _#IND-PO_ Job Types: Full-time,
Part-time Pay: $17.50 per hour Schedule:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability Work Location: One location
Keywords: Community Options, Inc., Scranton , Employment Specialist, Human Resources , Drums, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!