Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails/React) - NYC
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Protecting Consumer Health and Wealth
There are many decisions in life that can be incredibly stressful.
At Nayya we believe that choosing and using your insurance and
benefits should not be one of them. But as it turns out, 81% of
consumers find the process of picking insurance to be very
stressful -- and over 1 in 4 people actually regret the benefit
choices they make.
Our mission at Nayya is to make Americans better protected, and to
do so we are building software that provides the data,
accessibility, and transparency everyone needs to make the best
coverage decisions - without the hassle. If you're passionate about
tackling hard problems while making a real difference in the world,
we'd love for you to join us.
Why Join Us?
Engineers at Nayya build and maintain all parts of our stack, from
user interfaces to backend services to data science pipelines and
the infrastructure that runs them. At Nayya, you can have a
tremendous impact by creating the best way for millions to choose &
use their benefits.
We've got a ton of interesting problems to solve around scaling web
applications, linking messy heterogeneous data sets, machine
learning, NLP, distributed systems, data pipelines, data analytics
and predictions, system reliability, security, privacy, and more.
If you're passionate about tackling hard problems while making a
real difference in the world, we'd love to talk!
Nayya is a venture-backed Series A company, with investments from
Felicis Ventures, Social Leverage, Guardian Strategic Ventures,
Cameron Ventures, Unum Business Ventures, as well as other
We are a remotely distributed team, but are headquartered in
- Design and build new features for our core products
- Collaborate closely with product and commercial to continuously
innovate on Nayya products
- Improve existing applications' functionality, speed and
- Work with other Nayya employees to find new product
- Be a part of the decision making process as it relates to
scaling the company and our products
- Provide technical expertise to promote business development
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails or Python
- Experience building and supporting production quality
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC
Architecture, and OOP principles
- +1 for product design experience and an eye for good UX
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- Capacity to work remotely and communicate effectively in a
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Early engineer at a growing start up
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very
- A chance to join a high-growth VC-backed company at an early
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all
comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock
Keywords: Nayya, Scranton , Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails/React) - NYC, IT / Software / Systems , Walton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!