Sr Software Development Engineer
Location: Clarks Summit
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife--s call center IT is looking for an experienced Sr.
Software Development Engineer to work in a specialized role in call
center systems. The candidate will work with CRM systems and is
expected to have experience in developing end to end technical
solutions to solve complex business problems. The candidate will be
responsible for the design, development and implementation of
applications following the full systems development lifecycle
(SDLC), primarily focusing on the IVR.
- Responsible for detailed technical design and development of
applications using existing and emerging technology platforms, with
primary focus on IVR.
- Will have customer interaction, partnering with related lines
of business and stakeholder relations.
- Collaborate closely with business partners and interface teams
to clarify and fulfill requirements from design through acceptance
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs
tests; revises as necessary; conducts analysis of organizational
needs and goals for the development and implementation of
application systems. Monitors operating efficiency of existing
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in IVR development and design
- Manage offshore/onshore consultant--s technical
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including
encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale
system. Maintains records to document program development and
- Provides technical support to technical vendor resources.
Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Lead a team of developers from a technical standpoint
throughout all phases of the SDLC while simultaneously making
individual development contributions. Essential Business Experience
and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor--s Degree required, prefer major in Computer Science,
Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience with firm understanding of
IVRs and programming languages ( Java, VXML , etc.)
- Integration experience through web services (SOAP and REST)
and\or other technologies
- 5+ years of related work experience with SDLC
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile Methodologies
- Adapt to changing priorities and effectively prioritize
workflow to meet critical deadlines. Preferred:
- 3-5 years of experience in IVR development
- Avaya Experience Portal, Avaya Orchestration Designer or
- Microsoft Suite
- Jira or Microsoft Azure Experience Business Category
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we--re leading the global transformation of an industry
we--ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective,
we--re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world--s leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020,
we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 119491
Keywords: MetLife, Scranton , Sr Software Development Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!