Skilled Craft Worker B (1st 26percent 2nd shift)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Skilled Craft Worker B (1st %26 2nd shift)Construction
SpecialtiesOUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES
NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S RACE, COLOR,
RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN'S STATUS
OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL
LAW SCOPE OF POSITION: Fabricates, constructs, erects, installs and
repairs products that are comprised primarily of wood and plastics.
The performance of this work shall be in accordance with the
following essential duties and responsibilities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily
limited to the following:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or door schedules
for information pertaining to the type of material and dimensional
requirements of the product to be supplied.
- Inspects and selects materials for production of doors to meet
established fabrication and quality standards.
- Prepares layout sketches as required. Marks cutting and
assembly lines on materials.
- Machines and assembles doors to prescribed measurements and/or
configurations, inclusive of interlocking components.
- Operates all necessary power woodworking equipment including,
but not limited to, saws, planers, routers, shapers, molders and
sanding equipment as well as all associated hand tools.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together
with nails, screws, dowels, biscuits and/or glue as required for
strength, dimensional stability and aesthetics.
- Verifies dimensions, installations and fit checks using tapes,
rules, calipers, squares, levels, calculator, etc.
- Fabricates products in conformance with company guidelines,
quality standards, and customer requirements. (ie: Field
installations as required.)
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard
and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System
(EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job
functions that may have a significant impact on the
Qualifications KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum
Education and/or Experience required)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a
minimum of (2) two to (3) three years related experience or a
combination of related experience, training, and
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as, blueprints,
drawings, work orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to comprehend and safely operate production
- Ability to use cut off saw, chop saw, table saw, routers,
shapers, and other basic wood working equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
manipulate or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; sit; talk and hear. The
employee may occasionally be required to climb and
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-PA-MontgomeryTRAVEL: NoEMPLOYEE TYPE:
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Scranton , Skilled Craft Worker B (1st 26percent 2nd shift), Other , Montgomery, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!