Registered Nurse/Telehealth Triage (Full-time)
Posted on: June 10, 2021
UPMC is currently seeking a
full-time Registered Nurse for the Telehealth Triage Department at
the Divine Providence Hospital!
Works from a multi-line centralized
communication center, offering triage and health information to
patients by prioritizing incoming calls based on clinical acuity.
Responsible for assessing the needs of the patient, develops a care
plan based upon phone triage assessment, and directs patients to
the appropriate healthcare provider/facility if required
- Provides patient education regarding disease management and
medications, and anticipatory guidance and counseling.
- Provides healthcare recommendations based on assessment of
patient needs using approved protocols.
- Processes prescription refills
- Know and follow all organizational/departmental
- Incorporate leading/evidence-based practice in quality/safety
into every day work. Commit to high quality, safe work; encourage
others to have similar standards. Identify processes/systems that
could lead to inefficient practices, unsafe conditions, errors or
adverse events. Avoid shortcuts to ensure quality and safety
measures are not circumvented. Encourage patient and family
involvement in processes involvingpatient safety. Speak up with
other service partners to ensure high quality and safety. Report
serious events/incidents per policy.
- Assesses patients by eliciting a focused health history.
- Documents accurately all call inquiries, communicating complex
triage calls with Director and/or physician and takes verbal
- Assists with statistical data collection
- Assume responsibility for personal development and
- Provides healthcare information to patients through
telecommunications media using the nursing process.
- Communicates with other departments and pharmacies regarding
patient needs, as necessary.
- Actively practice behaviors associated with SH Service
Excellence expectations. Smile at and greet everyone
enthusiastically, treat everyone with respect, dignity and C.A.R.E.
Be an ambassador for Susquehanna Health. Provide the best C.A.R.E.
for our patients no matter what.
- Orders labs/testing and schedules appointments with the office
Certificate in Nursing required. 3
years of experience as a Staff RN required.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Registered Nurse licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Act 34
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: UPMC, Scranton , Registered Nurse/Telehealth Triage (Full-time), Other , Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!