Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans purchase orders for a variety of commodities, materials,
and supplies. Works from requisitions, drawings, specifications and
- Reviews upcoming orders to ensure that proper quantities are on
order. Update quantities just prior to vendor's run date.
- Locates sources of supply, interviews vendors, checks
reliability of suppliers, obtains quotations and makes quotation
comparisons. Also maintains direct follow-up of purchase orders and
develops adequate and reliable sources of supply.
- As conditions warrant, expedites advanced shipments of orders
or orders in part to satisfy plant production requirements.
- Reviews upcoming orders to ensure that deliveries are on
- Contacts vendor by mail, phone, or visit to verify shipment of
goods on specified date.
- Follows up on overdue materials.
- Maintains vendor performance reports as required.
- Reviews open allocations to ensure that allocations for
completed jobs are deleted from the system.
- Works with Shipping Manager to ensure deliveries. Researches
and authorizes special shipping as the situation demands.
- Works with Shipping Manager to negotiates rates and service
schedules to ensure timely delivery of material at the most
economical cost. Communicates daily between C/S Sales Departments
and transportation companies.
- Informs supervisor of problems as encountered such as failure
of vendor to supply materials, short deliveries, transit problems,
etc., so that alternate procedures may be initiated, e.g. utilizing
alternate supply sources, revising production schedules, etc., to
- Receives and reviews requisitions for goods or services to be
purchased. Ascertains required delivery dates and what materials
and quantities should be purchased from purchase requisition or
- Maintains records of purchase orders, followup and expediting
- Establishes and varies inventory levels, order points and
procurement lead time for delivery to assure adequate operating
stocks to facilitate manufacturing schedules and customer
- Maintains stock levels in the most economical quantities to
minimize investment, controls storage costs, handling and
- Provides and maintains basis for recording inventories,
movement and storage of materials and goods and appropriate
controls to accomplish the above objectives.
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders,
invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types,
or enters information into computer to maintain inventory,
purchasing, shipping, or other records.
- Compiles stock control records and information such as
consumption rate, characteristics of items in storage, and current
market conditions, to determine stock supply and need for
- Prepares requisitions, orders, or other documents for
purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
- Formulates and projects future inventory needs and schedules to
facilitate procurement and delivery.
- Assists in determining obsolete materials and parts; reviews
files to determine unused items and recommends disposal of excess
- Assigns and builds new part numbers as required.
- Reports to Supply Chain Manager any changes that would save
production time and money, and develops reports to keep track of
- Works with I.T. Group to develop programs or revise existing
programs in reference to the production or manufacturing of IWP
- Provides technical support to committees or teams as
- Converses with Research and Development to ensure proper
coordination in the introduction of new products.
- Performs special projects as requested.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard
and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System
(EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job
functions that may have a significant impact on the
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education
and/or Experience required)
- High school graduate plus additional specialized training in
Inventory Control Management, data processing, and related subjects
equivalent to a two-year college education.
- Two to three years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Critical thinking and strong negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comprehensive understanding of industry standard purchase order
software platforms, Oracle experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word,
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Scranton , Buyer, Other , Muncy, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!