Location: Hazleton, PA
Position Type: Hourly
Pay: Qualified Rate-$33.52
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Sign-On Bonus: $10,000
The Hazleton Plant of The Hershey Company, a manufacturer of
chocolate and confectionary products, has an immediate opening for
a Controls Technician.
The qualified applicant must have a minimum of two years education
in electrical technology or a minimum of four years of recent
experience in the maintenance of control equipment and
instrumentation used in manufacturing control
systems. Qualified Controls Specialists are eligible for a
$10,000 sign-on bonus.
Job progression opportunities based on skill, experience, and
training. We now offer a non-traditional 12 hours/day
fixed shift that provides 12-15 days off a month.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and comprehend electrical and instrumentation
- Competence with Allen-Bradley programmable logic controllers
(SLC, PLC, and ControlLogix families), Siemens STEP 7, as well as
Human/Machine Interfaces (HMIs) such as AB PanelView, FactoryTalk
View, Intellution FIX, and Wonderware.
- Troubleshoot PLC programs and be able to make programming
changes when required.
- Understanding of industrial power circuits, installation
practices, and general OSHA Safety practices.
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and calibrate
instrumentation such as temperature sensors, pressure sensors,
pressure switches, temperature switches, weighing systems, in-line
analyzers, valve actuators and positioners.
- Ability to install, maintain, and troubleshoot motor control
systems including VFDs, servos, and robotic systems.
- Understanding of networking protocols and hardware (switches,
- Abide by GMPs as related to working in a food production
- Experience with standard Microsoft Office software such as
Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook is required.
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Authorized to work in the United States
- SAP experience preferred
- Good attendance is very important
- Regularly required to stand, reach, squat, climb steps, and
move around machinery
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion
of a pre-employment drug testing and background check consistent
with The Hershey Company's Employment Policies. Background
checks include, but are not limited to the following: education
verification, employment verification, criminal check, social
security number verification.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy
of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified
applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an
individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion,
citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any
other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer -