Facilities Tech II
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Chewy is currently recruiting for a Facilities and
Maintenance Technician at our fulfillment center. You
will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience to
support the fast-paced operations of our dynamic fulfillment center
environment. Additionally, you will develop new and valuable
skills and experience in growing world of e-commerce fulfillment
This position is responsible for a wide variety of
facilities, maintenance, and utilities requirements across a large
What you'll do:
- You will perform maintenance and repair, housekeeping and
plumbing, metal fabrication and carpentry to support our fast-paced
fulfillment center operations.
- Ensure that all fulfillment center equipment is operating
properly and ensure a safe working environment for all your
fulfillment team members.
- Complete periodic and general maintenance tasks throughout the
facility - as assigned and according to schedule.
- Perform daily inspections of conveyor systems, shipping, and
packing equipment areas.
- Maintain accountability for assigned equipment and associated
gear list, reducing loss, damage, and defects to zero.
- Complete repair order and maintain parts usage records.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems, you will
visually check, test, and evaluate the condition of components,
equipment, and circuits.
- Follow company procedures.
What you’ll need:
- At least 36 months of previous facility maintenance
- (Mechanics and Maintainers, Construction and Engineering,
Aviation and Transportation Repair)
- Must have electrical experience or understanding
- Must be able to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 24v ac/dc
- Must be able to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 120v power
& control circuits
- Must be able to demonstrate electrical knowledge of 277v-480v
- Experience using appropriate tools and maintenance
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and to stand, walk, bend, stoop,
twist and turn frequently.
- Requires manual dexterity, overall coordination, and good
balance to work at ground level, with the ability to climb and work
at elevations up to 35 feet above floor level.
- Interest in math, electricity, shop mechanics, electric motors,
- Good at solving problems
- Understand potential exposure exists to high voltage current,
welding equipment, vehicle and equipment lubricants and
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Experience with fire system and fire alarm electronic
- Ability to read, understand & interpret electrical, pneumatic,
& plumbing schematics.
- Experience with conveyor mechanical systems (belts, drives,
- Experience with VFD motor controllers
- Experience with motor starters and control cabinet
- PLC knowledge - input/outputs troubleshooting or some
- HVAC - advanced knowledge or experience.
- Communicate preventative maintenance and repair opportunities
as well as escalation of resources outside of normal hours when
needed, to ensure system performance.
- Can communicate, make sound decisions, work well under
- Recognize problems and repair before breakdown occurs
- Proactive problem solving & mechanical aptitude skills.
- Ability and willingness to train others
Chewy is committed to equal
opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all
If you have a disability under the
Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a
religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential
accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please
contact HR at chewy dot com
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: https://www.chewy.com/app/content/privacy).
Keywords: Chewy, Scranton , Facilities Tech II, Other , MOSCOW, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!