Patient Access Representative
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Patient Access RepresentativeLocation: Wilkes-Barre,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Administrative Support; Nursing Support
ServicesSchedule: DaysWork Type: Full timeDepartment: Women's
Health & Pediatrics DivisionDate Posted: 07/23/2021Job ID:
R-16896Job SummaryResponsible for front line support to the
department. Coordinates and performs front line office activities
in an effective and efficient manner for the department. Greets and
registers incoming patients, supports the patient check out process
and schedules future appointments as applicable.Job Duties
- Responsible for checking patients in for appointments and
accurately verifying demographics.
- Assures all check-in procedures are completed and monitors
patient wait times, communicating changes to the patient as
- Reads and interprets insurance responses.
- Understands general guidelines and insurance rank requirement
to properly assign primary, secondary, and tertiary insurance per
- Ensures patient receives necessary disclosure and privacy
information, obtains necessary legal and financial signatures.
- Communicates financial obligations to patients and collects
fees at time of service as appropriate.
- Communicates the purpose of and completes all necessary
regulatory forms with patient.
- Completes patient's visit by scheduling any necessary follow up
appointments to include any specialty or ancillary services as
- Processes multi-channel messages related to patient and/or
physician requests regarding: appointments, referrals,
prescriptions, and complaints.
- Notifies patient or guarantor of anticipated financial
responsibility including copays, deductibles, or coinsurances and
- Performs cash posting following department guidelines.
- Abides by organizational and HIPAA guidelines, privacy
practices, patient confidentiality and patient rights.
- Must maintain high regard for confidentiality.
- Accurately performs medical record maintenance and
- Assists with referrals and pre-certifications, at the time of
- Properly utilizes and maintains patient recall and reschedule
lists.Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.EducationHigh School Diploma or
Equivalent (GED)- (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related
work experience (Preferred)Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE &
VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our
members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be
treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly
strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the
best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Patient Access Representative, Other , Benton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!