Inpatient RN - Cardiac Stepdown
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Job Title: Inpatient RN - Cardiac Stepdown
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Cardiac Nursing Division
Date Posted: 08/18/2021
Job ID: R-18170
Job SummaryIn accordance with the standards of care established by
the State Board of Nursing, Responsible for the delivery of patient
care through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation and evaluation. Directs and guides patient teaching
and activities of ancillary personnel.
Job DutiesAre you a RN looking to join our team of Healthcare
Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice,
and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding,
lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference
in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends,
neighbors, and family members. To join Geisinger as an Inpatient RN
and start leading healthcare change, please apply now!
- ?Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence- based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance
- Tuition and relocation assistance
- A shared governance structure
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated,
experienced nursing leaders
- This position is eligible for a joining incentive. Apply now
and learn more!
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Inpatient RN - Cardiac Stepdown, Other , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!