Store Stock Associate
Company: Genuine Parts Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic detail oriented Store
Stock Associate to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts
professionals. This is the ideal position for a person who is
detail oriented with a strong work ethic. As a Store Stock
Associate, you will have a variety of duties that would help
control and maintain the inventory in our warehouse.
* Unpacks incoming merchandise shipments from suppliers or returned
by customers and takes part and places it on the shelf or
appropriate location as indicated by the electronic scan-gun.
Actions done in compliance with established procedures and
* Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special
orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call
accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as
appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by
* Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders
for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for
shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages
in accordance with D.O.T. standards.
* Creates detailed summary of each shipment by way of buck slips
and/or freight bills, ensures proper end processing of customer
orders including removing shipping trays from conveyor system,
ensures proper packaging of products, and places large parts and
shipping trays for each customer on their designated skid
* Plans, organizes, and loads trucks from skids to trucks for
delivery to customer, accurately records piece count for customer
on the buck slips, and keys freight bills into computer
* Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as
well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line
areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the
handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into
delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight
* At least 1 year previous experience stocking, loading, or
* High School Diploma, or equivalent experience, required.
* Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and
recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper
identification of parts for placement in the facility, including
identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and
* Must be able to write legibly.
* Must have basic understanding and be capable of operating a
* And, perform associated duties as assigned by management.
* Must be capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 60 pounds
and push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly.
* Must be able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with
moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks,
dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
* Must be able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves
and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool
or ladder when necessary.
* Must be able to work on their feet (stand or walk) for their
assigned work shifts.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19
vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved
accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or
prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed,
color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship
status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, disability, military status,
status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's
policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and
terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement,
experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Keywords: Genuine Parts Company, Scranton , Store Stock Associate, Other , Moosic, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!