Avionics Systems Engineer - Integration and Test
Company: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION
Posted on: January 16, 2022
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request
vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new
hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated
will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, become a
part of our team as a System Engineer for the Owego, NY Test team.
This position is responsible for the qualification, integration,
and life cycle support of the MH-60R and the MH-60S avionics
The successful candidate will apply systems engineering principles
throughout the system life cycle phases: Concept, Development,
Production, Utilization, Support, and Test. Responsible for the
technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed
and deliverables associated with one or more of the MH-60R and
MH-60S subsystem capabilities.
Must have a Secret Security Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen.
All candidates will work in a team environment and must be able to
effectively communicate and interface with others including
Hardware Engineering, Manufacturing, Program Management and
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York
City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse, New York, sits just
north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known
as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is
home to Binghamton University, Ithaca College and Cornell
University. Great metropolitan weekend getaways with friends are
just a few hours away and include areas such as Niagara Falls, NYC,
& Philadelphia. The Adirondacks, Catskills, Lake Ontario and the
Finger Lakes are also areas to explore and host activities
including: sailing, boating, kayaking, jet skiing, hiking, mountain
biking, golfing, fishing, skiing, snow shoeing, concerts, shows and
seasonal festivals. The local area and region are also home to a
number of New York state wineries and craft breweries.
Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform the following
System Integration and Test (I&T) assignments:
- Verify that integrated HW and SW modules can achieve the
overall physical, functional and performance objectives.
- Verify that system interfaces are compliant to associated
Interface Control Documents (ICD)
- Interface with suppliers to assure that their components are
properly validated prior to delivery.
- Manage security issues including protection of classified
hardware and software, and software loading requirements.
Candidate must have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical (EE), Computer (CE), Systems
Engineering (SE), Mathematics or related discipline from an
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA Requirement
- Final Secret Clearance requiredDesired Skills:
- Experience with databus and Ethernet standards, including
MIL-STD-1553B, ARINC-429, IEEE 802.3
- Experience with instrumentation and data capture, IRIG Chapter
10 or Wireshark or Python or CoPilot 1553B
- Experience with databases such as mySQL or MS Access
- Experience with analysis tools such as MATLAB or Python
- Experience with a diversity of complex electrical and
- Application of the overall Systems Engineering Efforts
- Experience with requirements tracking and bug tracking tools
such as DOORS and JIRA
- Ability to read and use technical schematics, drawings,
software specifications, and manuals to resolve complex
- Ability to brief/teach technical information to internal and
- Ability to generate technical cost and schedule estimates
- Ability to understand and execute to Earned Value (EV) and
Control Account Manager (CAM) Program Performance.BASIC
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: LOCKHEED MARTIN CORPORATION, Scranton , Avionics Systems Engineer - Integration and Test, Other , Owego, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!