Posted on: June 25, 2022
Who we are: WVIA is the PBS and NPR affiliate serving over 22
counties in northeastern and central Pennsylvania. For over 50
years WVIA has been committed to serving the people by offering
informational, educational, and entertaining content that enriches
and expands viewpoints and serves as a catalyst for positive
change. WVIA television channels include WVIA TV, WVIA PBS Kids
24/7, and WVIA Create. WVIA's radio channels include WVIA Radio,
WVIA HD2 and the Chiaroscuro Channel. WVIA's programs can also be
found streaming live and on-demand on wvia.org and the WVIA app. We
are located in Pittston, PA, just minutes from Interstate 81 and
the Pennsylvania Turnpike. A Summary of the Opportunity: The
Multi-Media Producer/Director is a critical part of our
award-winning Content team and will be responsible for generating
original content for WVIA-TV, wvia.org and our digital platforms,
in line with the WVIA's mission of serving the needs of the
communities in northeastern and central Pennsylvania. This new role
will help in the creation and implementation of multimedia
deliverables across WVIA digital properties, including web, mobile,
and social media, ensuring best practices are followed. To be
considered for this role, the candidate must provide a link to
their work/portfolio.What the role involves:
- Responsible for creating compelling short and long form video
content and multimedia projects in a captivating storytelling
- Ability to effectively write, shoot and edit video
- Produce high-quality content for distribution on multiple
- Responsible for pre-production planning, research, video
production, and post production editing.
- Conduct interviews, discovery, and pre-interviews.
- Adhere to budgets, timelines, project deadlines and WVIA
expectations.The minimum requirements for the role include:
- A Bachelor's degree in broadcast production or film.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience in a
- Must have relevant portfolio examples of work and provide a
link to their work. Our ideal candidate possesses the following:
- A link to their digital portfolio
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Technical aptitude in the latest technology: Camera, lenses and
- Experience with standard office computer software.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge and experience with ENG and DSLR cameras as well as
lighting and sound.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet
- A proven track record of producing/directing nationally
distributed documentary films.
- Ability to work independently in a multimedia environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a creative, flexible
approach to projects.
- Timeliness with the ability to work efficiently on deadline,
and within budget, in a style consistent with WVIA standards.
- Inclusive: deeply experienced in collaborating with others
across differences and bringing in new perspectives and
- Influential with the ability to communicate through complicated
matters, builds trust easily and gets buy in from partners
- Excellent project management skills Working conditions include
but are not limited to:
- Must be able to sit at a desk for extended periods of time,
crouch, reach, stand, and use stairs.
- Will have frequent use of a computer and phone for work
- Overnight travel may be required on occasion.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to control computer and
audio/visual equipment, as well as for lifting, moving/placing
items in various locations and writing.
- Must be able to use fingers and hands for typing.
- Must be able to carry up to 25 lbs. reliably and move equipment
- Must be able to regularly talk and hear.
- Ability to work in variety of environmental conditions. What
are some of the benefits at WVIA?
- A competitive base salary
- A low-cost medical plan with a Health Reimbursement
- A dental plan with orthodontics
- A retirement plan with a company match
- Disability and life insurance, including buy-up options
- Generous paid time off
- Amazing colleagues who believe in the mission of WVIA in
service to our members WVIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
does not discriminate in employment practices based on any
protected category. Minority groups and diverse candidates are
encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the
application process will be provided to those with disabilities.
WVIA requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. *The
candidate must provide a link to a portfolio of their work.*
Keywords: WVIA, Scranton , Multimedia Producer, Other , Pittston, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!