Machine Operator (2nd shift)
Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description: Construction Specialties, Inc. Founded in 1948,
Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products
manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that
architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and
contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded
louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic
buildings around the world-from the world's tallest tower, Burj
Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit
Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere
and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges,
we're the right place for you. CS\: Making Buildings Better - SCOPE
OF POSITION\: Able to read detailed sketches or notes according to
specified dimensions by hand or by computer aided design (CAD)
system. Plans and operates numerical control program and equipment
to control contour path machining of parts on automatic machine
tools. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analyzes drawings, sketches, and design data of desired parts
to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of
cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determines reference points and direction of machine cutting
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying
attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with
minimal amount of rework. - Conveys personal commitment to quality
by demonstrating good quality behavior. - Identifies and acts upon
opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Changes tooling as required per drawings and/or materials.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and
operation of machine.
- Performs other duties as directed/assigned by manager.
Qualification: KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION\: (Minimum
Education and/or Experience required)
- High school Diploma or equivalent and two years related
experience and/or training
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge fabrication methods.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds,
and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust focus SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES\:
- None #PAPHR Production, Manufacturing, machine operator, metal
work, plastics, forklift, fabrication, assembly, assembler, welder,
welding, shift work. woodworking, jobs
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Scranton , Machine Operator (2nd shift), Other , Hughesville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!