Patient Care Partner - Float Pool - Full Time - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Company: The Guthrie Clinic
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Interested In Learning More or Have Any Questions, Connect With
Employee works with other members of the patient care team to
deliver care to specific patient populations. The employee will
maintain competency for population specific groups with
consideration of physical, communication, safety, nutrition, and
Education, License, & Cert
High School Grad or Equivalent
No experience required.
Participates in the delivery of patient care for population groups
under the direction of an RN/LPN including but not limited to the
- Lifting, turning, and positioning patients utilizing Safe
Patient Handling equipment (> 35 pounds), as
- Observing confused and difficult patients
- AM/PM Hygiene care
- Toileting, shaving, washing, brushing hair, dental and mouth
- Assisting with range of motion exercises
- Mobilizing patients - transfers and ambulation, utilizing Safe
Patient Handling equipment (> 35 pounds), as appropriate and
following the Mobility protocol
- Exercise protocols
- Discontinuing foley catheter
- Simple dressing changes
- Incentive spirometry supervision
- Surgical preps
- Postmortem care
- Administers cleansing enemas
- Removal of peripheral IV catheters
- Apply external catheter or incontinence device
- Sits with confused/disoriented patients or those requiring 1:1
observation for safety/suicide purposes, as assigned
- Performs and records accurately:
- Temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, heights and
- I & O
- Records bowel movements
- ADLs and activities
- Performs and records the following specimen
- Obtains urine, stool, and sputum specimens for patients;
instructs patients in proper specimen collection
- Completes the following support activities.
- Completes EKGs.
- Glucose monitoring in Non-Critical Care Areas
- Conducts bladder scanning
- Basic ostomy care
- Transports patients as needed
- Serves, sets up and retrieves trays
- Distributes water pitchers as appropriate
- Orders and distributes nourishment.
- Transports equipment
- Transports blood products to and from the patient care
- Participates in patient safety/patient satisfaction.
- Answers call bells
- Participates in patient rounding
- Reports any signs of abuse to the nursing staff
- Recognizes, troubleshoots and initiates corrective action
needed on equipment.
- Maintains neat and tidy environment (empties laundry, delivers
equipment, keeps patient rooms clean and safe).
- Inventories and assures disposition of patients' belongings
when admitted, transferred, and/or discharged.
- Assures proper storage of equipment.
- Recognizes emergency situations and initiates plan of
- Notifies RN/LPN of any changes seen in patient's
- Complies with policies and procedures of the hospital/nursing
- Supports the philosophy of the hospital and department of
- Maintains CPR certification and practice
- Demonstrates cost-effective patient care by demonstrating
proper use and care of equipment, appropriate and prudent use of
supplies, accurate charging of supplies; performing other
division-specific tasks, and appropriate utilization of available
- Participates in performance improvement activities to improve
service and care. Demonstrates strong communication and
- Ability to communicate using telephones, computer
- Answers telephone promptly and politely, identifying self,
title, and department. Receives and sends messages in an accurate
and timely fashion.
- Communicates with the patients, family, and members of the
healthcare team in a concise, tactful and considerate manner. Must
represent the hospital in a professional courteous manner, while
being sensitive to how others perceive both verbal and non-verbal
--- Assists in the orientation of new personnel and serves as a
role model to other employees.
--- Demonstrates willingness to accept non-routine work assignments
--- Encouraged to participate in community activities
--- Attends and participates in unit council (70% attendance).
Joining the Guthrie team allows you to become a part of a tradition
of excellence in health care. In all areas and at all levels of
Guthrie, you'll find staff members who have committed themselves to
serving the community.
The Guthrie Clinic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes
and encourages diversity in the workplace.
The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit, integrated, practicing
physician-led organization in the Twin Tiers of New York and
Pennsylvania. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 500
physicians and 302 advanced practice providers offers 47
specialties through a regional office network providing primary and
specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Medical Education
Programs include General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Emergency
Medicine, Family Medicine, Anesthesiology and Orthopedic Surgery
Residency, as well as Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology and
Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship programs. Guthrie is also a
clinical campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of
Keywords: The Guthrie Clinic, Scranton , Patient Care Partner - Float Pool - Full Time - $5,000 Sign On Bonus, Other , Barton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!