Specialty Registered Nurse II (RN) Urology
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Specialty Registered Nurse II (RN) Urology
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Urology Team
Date Posted: 09/08/2022
Job ID: R-37574
Job SummaryServes in an expanded role to assess patient needs, plan
and provide nursing care and coordinate follow-up care.
Participates in research and educates patients and nursing
- Provide patient care and education for patients in the specific
age range on their assigned department.
- Serves as a resource person for patient and family regarding
the perception of the diagnosis and medical plan of care for the
management of disease as designated by the physician.
- Maintains availability to nursing for occasional in-service and
helps with orientation of staff involved education.
- Performs pre-visit data gathering and record keeping on new and
- This includes recording of current medications and dosages and
obtaining previous laboratory results and measurements.
- Assists in the management of patients with chronic diseases,
including achieving key quality indicators, education, and long-
term coordination of care.
- Tracks performance improvement measures and assists providers
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Assists provider in performance of procedures as directed by
provider to facilitate accurate diagnosis.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel to ensure that they
are appropriately trained to support patients and provider.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IVs as required
- Performs and assists with triaging telephone calls concerning
health issues and offers appropriate telephone management advice to
patients as liaison to physician recommendations.
- Communicates lab, radiology and other testing results to
patients and via telephone and electronic medical record letter
notification.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
- Hours: - Flexible schedule- either 4-9 hrs. with a flexible -
day; or 7:00a- 3:30p, 8:00a-4:30p, or 8:30a -5:00p.
- Weekends, Major Holidays, and On Call: -None
- Travel: -None
- Required Experience: minimum of 2 years RN experience is
- Other Work Details: will work primarily with Pediatric
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Benefits: Geisinger offers a comprehensive suite of healthcare
benefits, including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental
coverage. And with our healthcare benefits, you'll also receive
care from one of the top innovative healthcare systems in the
country. Our suite of benefits supports you and your family in a
variety of ways, including coverage for same-sex or opposite-sex
spouses, domestic partners and their children and
- Paid Time Off: -Our generous paid-time-off packages allow you
to take the time you need to travel, rest, and care for and
reconnect with friends and family. We also offer paid military and
- Diversity and Inclusion: -We strive to create an environment
where our patients, health plan members and employees can be their
most authentic selves. Join one of our many Employee Resource
Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide opportunities for all Geisinger
employees to build internal and external networks and further
develop professionally. ERGs are formed around common identities
but are open to all employees.
- Tuition Assistance: Up to $5,000 tuition reimbursement: -We
offer tuition reimbursement towards both undergraduate and graduate
degrees.(Part time and Full Time Positions only).
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Specialty Registered Nurse II (RN) Urology, Other , Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!