Ambulatory Surgical Technologist - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Location: New Columbia
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Ambulatory Surgical Technologist - $7,500 Sign-on
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: Outpatient Surgery Team
Date Posted: 11/17/2022
Job ID: R-40818
Job SummaryAssists surgeon with procedures related to the care of
patients of all ages during surgical intervention.
Job DutiesAre looking for a great Work Life Balance role - Apply
Now!** $7,500 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Applicants ***
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical timeout.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
Registered Nurse and surgeon for operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments, per policy.
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Prepares room in a timely manner with all anticipated
instruments, sutures, supplies, and equipment for each individual
- Disposes of linens, needles, and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the Registered Nurse and Surgeon.
- Anticipates needs of surgeon during the intra-operative
- Cleans and prepares room between procedures and organizes
effectively for end-of-case cleanup.
- Reports to the Registered Nurse, reactions, results of
procedures, and any changes observed in the patient's
- Documents pertinent medical information and initiates emergency
procedures where indicated.
- Restocks Operating rooms, monitors inventory and pulls case
supplies for the following day.
- Assists in the training of new personnel in the primary area of
responsibility.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsAre looking for a great Work Life Balance role -
Apply Now!** $7,500 Sign-on Bonus for Qualified Applicants ***We're
proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment -Medical, prescription drug, vision
and dental coverage
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only) Up to
$5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
- Paid parental leave and Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources
- Employee referral incentive program
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Ambulatory Surgical Technologist - $7,500 Sign-on Bonus, Other , New Columbia, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!