Medical technologist/MLS (GMCM) (Per Diem) (Rotate)
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Medical technologist/MLS (GMCM) (Per Diem)
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services, Medical Technologist, Lab
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMCM Laboratory Medicine Team
Date Posted: 11/10/2022
Job ID: R-40660
Job SummaryPerforms and reports various analyses from multiple
specimen sources. Performs duties to provide the highest level of
patient care and maximize patient satisfaction. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned clinical area.
- Maintains an expected level of productivity.
- Manages multiple work processes efficiently.
- Completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Handles specimens properly.
- Confirms identification and specimen suitability.
- Uses appropriate accessioning procedures.
- Recognizes discrepancies on patient orders.
- Resolves and reports problems and solutions as
- Performs and records instrument maintenance, troubleshooting,
and quality control.
- Replenishes reagents and supplies according to established
- Follows established reporting procedures, computerized, verbal,
and manual as appropriate.
- Navigates and accesses multiple computer applications as needed
for job functionality.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Participates in educational activities to maintain current
knowledge in the field.
- Successful completion of initial and subsequent competency
exams required.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationBachelor's Degree- (Required), Bachelor's Degree-Medical
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Laboratory (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Medical technologist/MLS (GMCM) (Per Diem) (Rotate), Other , Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!