Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Float GCMC - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive!
Location: Lake Ariel
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job Title: Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Float GCMC - Up to
$26K Hiring Incentive!
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Northeast Region Nursing Float Pool Division
Date Posted: 03/18/2021
Job ID: R-00497
Job SummaryAre you a RN looking to join our Geisinger Nursing
Institute? Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nurses to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact. In accordance with the
standards of care established by the State Board of Nursing, a
registered nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation
and evaluation. A registered nurse also directs and guides patient
teaching and activities of ancillary personnel.
- Provides direct patient care including, treatments,
medications, and diagnostic studies according to policy and
- Completes assessments as established by scope of practice and
- Addresses physical, psychological, social, cultural, and
spiritual needs of patient and family throughout the continuum of
- Formulates, coordinates, and provides plan of care as
established in unit standards including, patient and family
education, family needs and discharge planning throughout
hospitalization with members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions.
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and takes action to
proactively resolve and facilitate patient needs.
- Makes assignments in collaboration with other team members.
Directs and alters assignments in response to changes in patient
- Promotes teamwork by delegating tasks to team members based on
skill, expertise, time availability, acuity, and needs of the
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and takes corrective measures in
the care and handling of equipment.
- Participates in unit-based decision-making regarding the
utilization of evidence based practice.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the unit and organization and is accountable for unit and
system specific metrics.
- Supports and participates in initiatives that support the
- Actively participates in patient quality and safety education
programs and other activities designed to improve departmental and
organizational quality and safety. Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- $35.00 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $7 shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Up to $26,000 hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Rebecca Miszkiel at firstname.lastname@example.org
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Inpatient RN - Medical Surgical Float GCMC - Up to $26K Hiring Incentive!, Other , Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!