Patient Care Unit Assistant - Progressive Care Unit (Full time 7am-7:30pm) $1500 Hiring Incentive!
Company: Geisinger Health System
Posted on: November 27, 2022
Job Title: Patient Care Unit Assistant - Progressive Care Unit
(Full time 7am-7:30pm) $1500 Hiring Incentive!
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Progressive Care Unit Team
Date Posted: 10/20/2022
Job ID: R-39647
Job Summary Are you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range of clerical
duties and direct patient care activities, depending on the need of
the unit. The performance of these tasks in an efficient and timely
manner is essential to enhance the care team's ability to provide
quality care. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients
in the specific age range in their assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the licensed nurse, within
the nursing assistant scope of practice, in meeting the
multidisciplinary care plan established for each patient.
- Identifies, observes and documents the physical needs of the
patient according to established standards.
- Reports changes in patient condition to licensed personnel in a
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned following accepted practices, policy
and procedures and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following
established policies and procedures.
- Assists in problem solving, trouble shooting and taking
corrective measures in care and maintenance of equipment and
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety
improvement and management program.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new staff and students in
a positive manner.
- Performs clerical duties for admissions, transfers, discharges,
and deaths according to standards and facilitates patient
throughput activities. Transcribes and processes orders according
to unit standards.
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate
- Coordinates transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Communicates patient related information promptly to the
appropriate care team member.
- Schedules tests, faxes consults, etc.
- Assists in obtaining and ordering supplies. Stationery items as
well as floor stock, patient needs, individual nursing
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for
clerical equipment. To include scheduling maintenance of computers,
fax machines, phones, etc.
- Participates in obtaining and communicating electronic
information as pertinent to the nursing unit.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic or unit.
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and
from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.
- Assists with transporting blood products to and from Blood Bank
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Position Details Full time position - 36 hours weekly Hours:
7am-7:30pm (3-12 shifts/week) Every other weekend and holiday in
rotation This is a dual role - Nursing Assistant and clerical
duties We're proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $1,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates (internal
candidates are not eligible)
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and
401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Ann Ackourey at: -firstname.lastname@example.org Education High
School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Scranton , Patient Care Unit Assistant - Progressive Care Unit (Full time 7am-7:30pm) $1500 Hiring Incentive!, Other , Falls, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!