Posted on: November 27, 2022
Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative
solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful?
Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the
forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that
ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are
shaping the future of the world we live in.
*SUMMARY OF DUTIES: *
Responsible for supporting manufacturing operations through
purchasing of parts or services, including planning, requisition
review, supplier selection, order placement, and follow up.
Purchase catalog items including but not limited to; fasteners,
bearings, motors, couplings, seals/gaskets, valves/cylinders,
electrical components, pulleys, consumable items for the machine
and fabrication shop as well as being the key contact for purchased
services such as cleaning, outside contractors, etc.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
1. Review all requirements of requisitioned material and services
for completeness, accuracy, delivery dates and designated receipt
2. Analyze quotations; finalize negotiation of price and delivery
and subsequent placement of Purchase Orders (POs). Enter into
purchase agreements as necessary for required materials and
services to ensure timely delivery while optimizing cost.
3. Follow up and expedite deliveries on a daily basis as well as
monitor deliveries from suppliers for schedule and quality
4. Manage goods receipts and invoice exceptions.
5. Address vendor quality issues and handle corrective actions by
working closely with internal Quality Assurance, Engineering and
6. As necessary, compile and issue status reports on projects and
key purchases as well as KPI reports specific to outsourced
material and service purchases.
7. Maintain internal system data, including vendor qualifications,
prices, price validity dates, lead time, information records,
8. Identify, evaluate, select and develop suppliers for existing
parts as well as new material and service requirements.
9. Occasional travel to visit vendors as well as attend meetings
and trainings at other Andritz locations.
10. Support the Purchasing Manager, Category Managers and other
staff in implementing purchasing initiatives.
11. Maintains effective communications with all Andritz
departments, suppliers and customers.
12. Manage, negotiate and monitor service agreements, NDAs, and
certificates of insurance.
13. Negotiate and revise (if required) Andritz terms and conditions
14. Other activities as required to support the business as a
*MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: *
1. Performs various projects as assigned.
2. Prepares spread sheets and reports as needed.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
*PHYSICAL ABILITIES AND ENVIRONMENT: *
1. Most duties are performed in a sitting position in a climate
controlled office environment, however, requires visits to the
manufacturing shop with varying temperatures and noise levels.
2. Requires visual acuity, good hearing and speech; ability to sit,
stand, walk, bend, reach, kneel, ascend / descend stairways and
lift up to 50 lbs. intermittently.
3. Moderate to high levels of stress due to changing priorities,
multitasking, and meeting multiple deadlines. Constant interaction
with internal associates, as well as external customers and
COMPLEXITY OF TASKS:
1. Under minimal supervision, develops and selects reliable sources
to purchase the right quantity goods and services at the right
price to meet production and project schedules. Continuously
develops new sources of supply while keeping a constant vigil for
new products and methods which will benefit the company.
2. Decisions and recommendations require integration of broad
knowledge base, including knowledge of specific company unit,
divisional unit, or specific commodity group of material, service,
and transportation requirements, their uses and application, their
sources of supply and availability, and the price, quality, vendor
performance, and market conditions of specified requirements.
3. Duties require high level of assertiveness tempered with
appropriate use of tact and diplomacy.
*EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: *
1. Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience, preferable in a
2. Associate degree or higher preferred or combination of education
and experience also considered. Additional technical education
and/or training in purchasing in a manufacturing environment a
3. Effective communication skills, both written and oral coupled
with the ability to project a positive, professional image to
peers, vendors and customers.
4. Experience in all Microsoft Office software and using an ERP/MRP
system (SAP preferred)
5. Must have or be able to develop a strong knowledge of all
manufacturing, purchasing and outsourcing processes.
6. Ability to work with all departments.
7. Self-motivated with the capability to solve problems with
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Muncy, PA 17756: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Andritz, Scranton , Buyer, Other , Muncy, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!