Personal Care Assistant - LIFE Geisinger
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Title: Personal Care Assistant - LIFE Geisinger
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: LIFE Geisinger Scranton Home Care Team
Date Posted: 01/20/2023
Job ID: R-41493
Job Summary Provides personal care assistance to participants at
the Adult Day Health Center and provides personal care, homemaker
services, personal interaction and restorative care to participants
in their homes to maintain a healthy and independent lifestyle in
- Works independently in a safe and courteous manner, under a
care plan developed by the home care coordinator and participant,
to provide care needed while allowing the maximum level of
independence in the home.
- Provides direct participant care including but not limited to:
Personal care, nutrition and hydration, obtain vital signs, assist
with ambulation and transfers of participant and active and passive
range of motion, assist with prompting for medication compliance
and care of participant incontinence.
- Participates with indirect participant care responsibilities
including but not limited to: Light housekeeping, assist with
laundry, use supplies accurately and economically, and delivery of
medication and supplies as needed.
- May require on-call coverage for afterhours care for
emergencies in home.
- Remains attentive to participant and personal care assistant
safety responsibilities including: Appropriately utilizing good
body mechanics and use of gait belt, back brace for transfers and
ambulation of participants.
- Collects data for mandatory requirements and various quality
improvement projects and is actively involved in action plans and
implementation to improve quality for the LIFE Geisinger
- Completes accurate and thorough documentation for services
provided according to program policy.
- Maintains effective communication skills with the older adult
and with co-workers.
- Explains actions to participant before starting task.
- Understands and demonstrates that all care is done with full
regard to participants rights.
- Provides orientation and redirection to participant.
- Promotes independence in participant by offering choices and
fostering self-help skills.
- Communicates respect and caring verbally and non-verbally with
participant and other staff.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary
team to provide quality of care to LIFE Geisinger
- Attends assigned interdisciplinary team and scheduled monthly
meetings and completes all required educational trainings.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
- Hours: 8am to 4:30pm
- Weekends: Yes, rotation
- Travel: Yes - must travel to participant's homes for
- About LIFE Geisinger: LIFE Geisinger is a program for adults 55
and older designed to give seniors the support they need to live at
home. LIFE Geisinger offers a full range of health and medical
services, at our day centers and in participants homes.
- At Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and
members also extends to you and your family. Our competitive
compensation and benefits package helps you and your loved ones
stay healthy, meet your financial goals and thrive professionally
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free membership with
discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health
plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join
one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide
opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and
external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are
formed around common identities but are open to all employee
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Certification(s) and License(s) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Certification - American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life
Support Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Personal Care Assistant - LIFE Geisinger, Other , Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!