Company: Adams and Associates, Inc.
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Responsible to provide students on respective dormitory with a
safe, clean and structured living environment that fosters student
retention, satisfaction, achievement and success. Oversees the
daily management of the respective dorm area and uses proper
judgment and discretion to resolve student and staff issues and
concerns. Provides individualized case management in conjunction
with counseling staff to maintain student enrollment and success in
Supervises and manages residential staff.
- Coordinates staff coverage to ensure student areas are
supervised including maintaining an active list of substitute
Residential Advisors to fill staff vacancies and callouts.
- Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines, recommends for
termination and evaluates the performance of the employees in the
Residential Department. o Ensures all staff adhere to rest and meal
- Responsible to oversee student dorm leadership
- May transport students to and from Center.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and
individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention
and completion of the Job Corps program. Establishes
supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their
- Active member on case management and success teams to ensure
student success in the program.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of incident and shift
- Ensures the physical security of the dorm area and reports
concerns to senior management.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established
department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet
- Initiates work orders to make necessary repairs as required and
follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
- Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner.
- Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds
staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for
career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet
- Provides required/supplemental training for new and current
- Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform
his/her job responsibilities. Motivates and manages staff to work
effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes
staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for
education, employment, Career Technical Training and WBL. Promotes
a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes
meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as
required by the PRH.
- Provide transportation as required.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the
student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and
positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy
to students and holds them accountable for their actions and
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures
that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues
improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in
a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group
efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality
and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies
problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior
to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure
prompt/appropriate action is taken and ensures that problems are,
in fact, corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure
effective supervision and services are provided to
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center
Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments
to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate of Arts
Degree from an accredited school preferred. A minimum of one-year
Job Corps or related program experience required. A valid inState
Drivers License preferred.
Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking,
lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and
crouching. Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the
ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR -
- 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations
prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on
their status as protected veterans or individuals with
disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals
based on their -race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
-Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors
and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in
employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability."
-This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training. - -Support and services are available upon request to
individuals with disabilities
Keywords: Adams and Associates, Inc., Scranton , Dorm Supervisor, Other , Lopez, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!