Company: Sigma Inc
Location: Johnson City
Posted on: March 18, 2023
10247899 - Polysomnographic Tech - Johnson City, NY - 13 Weeks
Sigma Healthcare team is currently looking for a Polysomnographic
Tech to work onsite at our client's facility in Johnson City.
Shift: 10.00hr - AM
- A Polysomnographic technician performs comprehensive sleep
testing and analysis, and associated interventions under the
general supervision of a Polysomnographic technician and/or the
medical director or designee. A Polysomnographic technician can
provide supervision of a sleep trainee. This job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive and may require modification to meet
federal and state regulations. This document is intended to serve
as a template and be modified to meet individual employer
Domains of Practice:
- Review the patient's history and verify the medical
- Follow sleep center protocols related to the sleep
- When patient arrives, verifies identification, collects
documents, and obtains consent for the study.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient for either in
center or Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT).
- Provide age-appropriate patient education.
- Select appropriate equipment and calibrate for testing to
determine proper functioning, and make adjustments, if
- Apply electrodes and sensors according to accepted published
- Perform routine positive airway pressure (PAP) interface
fitting and desensitization.
- Follow procedural protocols (such as Multiple Sleep Latency
Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT), parasomnia
studies, PAP and oxygen titration, etc.) to ensure collection of
- Perform appropriate physiological calibrations to ensure proper
signals and make required adjustments.
- Follow "lights out procedures to establish and document
baseline values (such as body position, oxyhemoglobin saturation,
respiratory, and heart rates, etc.).
- Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality
to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct, and
- Document routine observations, including sleep stages and
clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events
in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of
- Implement appropriate interventions (including actions
necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as
positive airway pressure, oxygen administration, etc.).
- Follow "lights on procedures to verify integrity of collected
data and complete the data collection process (e.g. repeat the
physiological and instrument calibrations and instruct the patient
on completing questionnaires, checking for completeness,
- Assist with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying
professionally accepted guidelines.
- Assist with scoring clinical events (such as respiratory
events, cardiac events, limb movements, arousals, etc.) utilizing
- Assist with the generation of accurate reports by tabulating
sleep/wake and clinical event data.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to recognize and
provide age specific care in the treatment, assessment, and
education of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
patients, as required.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to perform HSAT
equipment preparation and data download.
- Perform patient education and instruction appropriate for HSAT
- Demonstrate adherence to cleaning and disinfection procedures
for HSAT devices.
- Assist with scoring HSAT recordings according to AASM scoring
parameters; identify artifact, inadequate signals, and study
failures, and generate an accurate report.
Service Management and Essential Skills:
- Multiple Sleep Latency Tests (MSLTs), Home Sleep Tests (HSTs)
and Test result scoring
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and
standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Perform routine equipment care and maintenance, and inventory
- Maintain current CPR or BLS certification.
- Demonstrate computer skills appropriate for the
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate appropriate social skills.
- Demonstrate customer service skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to work with minimal
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of
- Demonstrate ability to follow direction.
- Respond to sleep patients' procedural-related inquiries by
providing appropriate information.
- Assist with patient education utilizing sleep center specific
- Adhere to sleep center policies related to quality
Requirements, Education and/or Experience:
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program, associated
with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational
- A minimum of six months of experience as a sleep trainee with
documented proficiency in all required competencies.
- Holds a Certified Polysomnographic Technician (CPSGT)
credential or equivalent.
- NY licensed RPSGT Sleep Tech with CPR.
Keywords: Sigma Inc, Scranton , Polysomnographic Technologist, Other , Johnson City, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...