Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Catherization (Part-Time)
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Catherization
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Part time
Department: GWV Invasive Cardiac Laboratory Division
Date Posted: 04/26/2023
Job ID: R-42370
Job Summary---Provides primary nursing support to the physician and
patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's
condition. Provides patient education, promotes an understanding of
the condition and adheres with the treatment plan. The Registered
Clinic Nurse, functions in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable
for the delivery of care utilizing skills learned in the clinic.
Assists other team members on the unit.
- Triages patient sick calls to facilitate appropriate treatment
plan with providers.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Oversees chart checks insuring that all patient completed
testing is available for provider visit.
- Assists providers in procedures as directed by provider to
facilitate accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedites laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IV's as required
- Administers medications, IV push medications, and topical
- Routinely inspects and observes condition and operations of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identify need for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- May clean, sterilize and prepare instruments, according to
established protocols, to ensure required level of aseposis and
- Cleans and sets up procedure rooms between cases, ensures
required level of aseposis, availability of appropriate instruments
and equipment, and preparation of patient.
- Educate patients on all aspects of medication and treatments as
- Assists in all aspects of day - to day clinic activityWork is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
Position DetailsHours: Part-Time- 20 hours per weekOn-Call:
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, and Long-term disability
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Robust PTO plan
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health
plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join
one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide
opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and
external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are
formed around common identities but are open to all employee
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of Pennsylvania; Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiac Catherization (Part-Time), Other , Waymart, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!