Respiratory Therapist Registered RRT or Certified CRT
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job Title: Respiratory Therapist Registered RRT or Certified
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Rehabilitation Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Respiratory Services Division
Date Posted: 08/02/2023
Job ID: R-50500
Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer a Respiratory Therapist
(RRT) and Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) a $15,000.00 hiring
incentive for eligible candidates, competitive rates and up to
$5.50/hr. shift differentials for evening, nights, and weekend
Job DutiesBenefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Respiratory
- Protocol driven care
- Therapist autonomy
- Evidence-based medicine practices
- Collaboration with Intensivist Critical Care team
- State-of-the-art equipment and technology
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact our Candidate Care Line at 1-877-564-6447 or Job
Descriptions:Assesses patients' respiratory care needs based on a
variety of data. Plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates
treatment modalities to meet those needs. -Ensures the very best
patient/family experience by optimizing all customer interaction.
- Consistently performs and documents thorough patient
- Establishes appropriate care plans.
- Communicates with other members of the patient care team.
- Correctly performs and documents routine therapeutic modalities
including aerosolized medications, secretion management techniques,
pulmonary volume expansion, oxygen therapy, and assists with
routine care and maintenance of artificial airways.
- Initiates and manages conventional and high frequency
mechanical ventilators according to established protocol.
- Provides appropriate, age-specific, patient and family
education as it relates to disease management.
- Assists in intra-hospital transport of mechanically ventilated
- Responsible for acute airway management in emergent
- Sets up and manages non-invasive monitoring (i.e. ETCO
monitors, pulse oximeters).
- When care management not available, assists with discharge
planning for patients needing respiratory related DME supplies,
follows appropriate insurance guidelines.
- Adheres to regulatory requirements and safety standards.
- Adheres to institutional and nationally established standards
- Collects arterial blood gas samples and processes through point
of care blood analyzers.
- Maintains the confidentially of patient information according
to established internal and external specifications and regulations
including release of information and HIPAA.
- Functions as the Shift Coordinator (charge person) when
designated as such after one year of employment.
- Assists the medical team in the performance of fiberoptic
- Assists the medical team with the placement invasive monitoring
lines and obtains hemodynamic measurements and calculations.
- Assists in the intra-hospital transport of age specific patient
- Functions as a preceptor for orientees and students in their
clinical rotation.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsRespiratory Therapy Residency Program -Transition
to Practice Program for New Graduates:
- 12-month program offered to graduate RTs with less than one
year of acute care experience
- Focuses on developing critical thinking skills, collaborating
with other disciplines, and expanding knowledge.
- Provides education and resources to support graduate RTs during
the first year as a healthcare professional.Shift: Rotation (2) 8
Hrs. / (2) 12 Hrs. per week. Primarily Days
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Neonatal Resuscitation Program
Certification - Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Licensed
Respiratory Therapist - Default Issuing Body; Registered
Respiratory Therapist - National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC);
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification - American Heart
Association (AHA); Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification -
American Heart Association (AHA)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Respiratory Therapist Registered RRT or Certified CRT, Other , Noxen, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!