Location: Wilkes Barre
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: Medical Assistant
Location: Berwick, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Berwick & Catawissa Community Medicine Team
Date Posted: 08/31/2023
Job ID: R-51709
Job SummarySupports patients and providers within the outpatient
setting by performing basic direct patient care activities.
- Provides basic patient care duties such as taking vital signs,
weights, assisting patient with ambulation, dressing and undressing
for examination, as directed by the provider and clinical
- Assists provider in setting up for minor procedures, gathering
supplies and equipment, applying aseptic dressings, opening
- Obtains and accurately documents patient information using the
rooming tool within the electronic medical record.
- Completes medication review.
- Accompanies providers and care team members during patient
examinations and assists as directed.
- Provides support and assistance to patients as needed.
- Reinforces patient instructions to enhance patient
understanding and adherence to treatment, and plan of care.
- Collects and prepares lab specimens, and completes associated
paperwork, forms, and documentation to expedite laboratory studies
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Reports patient concerns and questions to appropriate care team
member and follows through as directed.
- Reports all patient safety incidents or issues, patient and
family complaints, serious events, environmental hazards
immediately to supervisor.
- Provides onsite service recovery as applicable or as delegated
- Completes Midas reports as per policy.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage and supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
- Inventories and orders supplies based on appropriate or
established inventory levels.
- Checks for expired items and removes expired supplies from
- Assists in maintaining clean and organized work
- Cleans equipment and routinely inspects condition and operation
of equipment as appropriate to scope of role.
- Cleans and prepares exam rooms between patients.
- Assures adequate stock of supplies and equipment in rooms.
- Performs high level disinfection or sterilization per policy
and procedure.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Medical Assistant, Other , Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!