Personal Care Assistant- LIFE Geisinger (Part-Time)
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: Personal Care Assistant- LIFE Geisinger
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Part time
Department: LIFE Geisinger Scranton Home Care Team
Date Posted: 09/13/2023
Job ID: R-48267
Job SummaryProvides personal care assistance to participants at the
Adult Day Health Center and provides personal care, homemaker
services, personal interaction and restorative care to participants
in their homes to maintain a healthy and independent lifestyle in
- Works independently in a safe and courteous manner, under a
care plan developed by the home care coordinator and participant,
to provide care needed while allowing the maximum level of
independence in the home.
- Provides direct participant care including but not limited to:
Personal care, nutrition and hydration, obtain vital signs, assist
with ambulation and transfers of participant and active and passive
range of motion, assist with prompting for medication compliance
and care of participant incontinence.
- Participates with indirect participant care responsibilities
including but not limited to: Light housekeeping, assist with
laundry, use supplies accurately and economically, and delivery of
medication and supplies as needed.
- May require on-call coverage for afterhours care for
emergencies in home.
- Remains attentive to participant and personal care assistant
safety responsibilities including: Appropriately utilizing good
body mechanics and use of gait belt, back brace for transfers and
ambulation of participants.
- Collects data for mandatory requirements and various quality
improvement projects and is actively involved in action plans and
implementation to improve quality for the LIFE Geisinger
- Completes accurate and thorough documentation for services
provided according to program policy.
- Maintains effective communication skills with the older adult
and with co-workers.
- Explains actions to participant before starting task.
- Understands and demonstrates that all care is done with full
regard to participants rights.
- Provides orientation and redirection to participant.
- Promotes independence in participant by offering choices and
fostering self-help skills.
- Communicates respect and caring verbally and non-verbally with
participant and other staff.
- Works cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary
team to provide quality of care to LIFE Geisinger
- Attends assigned interdisciplinary team and scheduled monthly
meetings and completes all required educational trainings.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsLIFE Geisinger is a program for adults 55 and older
designed to give seniors the support they need to live at home.
LIFE Geisinger offers a full range of health and medical services,
at our day centers
- Hours: Daylight hours. Schedules may vary - based on
participants' needs. 8 hours a day.
- Travel: Yes, this role requires travel to participants' homes
to provide activities of daily living.
- Weekends: Yes, rotation-based. 1 weekend every 2 to 3 months.
Primarily this role is Monday through Friday
- Holidays: Rotation-based. 1 holiday every 1 to 2 years.
- Preferred experience: 1 year of personal care
cares about not only its patients and members but also about you
and your family. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits
package to ensure that you and your loved ones can maintain good
health, achieve financial stability, and excel both personally and
professionally.Our benefits package includes:
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage starting on your first
day of employment with three medical plan options, including
flexible spending account (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability
coverage paid for by the company
- A competitive 401(k) plan with automatic Geisinger
contributions beginning on your first day of employment
- A generous paid time off (PTO) plan that allows you to accrue
- Access to the MyHealth Rewards wellness program, which helps
you improve your health and earn incentives
- Support for families, including adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave, and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones
- We believe in creating a diverse and inclusive environment
where all employees can be their authentic selves. That's why we
offer several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), which provide
opportunities for you to network and develop professionally. Our
ERGs are open to all employees and are formed around common
identities.To learn more about our benefit offerings, please
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification -
American Heart Association (AHA); Valid Driver's License - Default
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Personal Care Assistant- LIFE Geisinger (Part-Time), Other , Factoryville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!