Certified Medical Assistant - Radiology Oncology
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant - Radiology Oncology
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support,
Work Type: Full time
Department: GWV Radiation Oncology Division
Date Posted: 08/17/2023
Job ID: R-50368
Job SummaryProvides direct patient care and clinical support for
physicians and other providers in the outpatient setting. Functions
as an integral member of the health care team under the direction
of the provider. Performs clinical duties such as preparing
patients, collecting and reviewing pertinent information,
performing technical duties, documenting using the electronic
medical record, and supporting a safe environment for patients.
Provides administrative and clerical support for the
clinic/department including patient scheduling, filing reports, and
following up on documentation, phone calls, and billing inquiries.
Graduate of an accredited 1-year certificate or 2-year diploma
Medical Assistant program preferred. Certified Medical Assistant
(CMA) or Registered Medical Assist (RMA) required. Certified by one
of the listed governing associations required: NHA, AMT, AAMA,
NAHP, NCCT, AAH, or AMCA.
Job Duties*** $3,000 Sign on Bonus for Qualified Applicants ***
- Obtains and documents, using the rooming tool in the electronic
medical record, the patient's reason for visit, weight, vital
signs, visit screening information, medication review, and
pertinent information for provider.
- Sets up examination and treatment rooms between cases.
- Assists patient as needed to prepare for visit with provider,
takes appropriate measures to assure patient's safety and
- Provides direct patient care as directed by provider based on
competency and needs of clinic, such as performs EKGs, wound
dressings, and functions as support to the provider during minor
surgical procedures and ancillary examinations.
- Administers medications according to policy and procedure after
validation of knowledge and demonstration of competency. May not
administer intravenous medications.
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork accurately and efficiently to expedite
- Performs phlebotomy and may assist in specific laboratory
functions relative to the testing, reporting, and quality assurance
of laboratory specimens as educated and overseen by the
- Performs receptionist and clerical duties to support patient
care and functioning of the clinic, including matching and filing
ancillary department reports, consultation and other medical
reports in patients' medical records.
- Documents in the appropriate sections to create a complete and
accurate medical record.
- Uses the electronic medical record and scheduling system as
- Facilitates timely appointments for patients. Completes
referrals and pre-authorizations as needed.
- Collects co-payments.
- Under the direction of the provider and/or site lead, assists
with orientation of new personnel.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication, as
directed by provider, prioritizes communications to the provider,
responds to patient questions and requests to ensure efficient use
of provider time and timely response to patient needs.
- Reinforces patient education as directed by the provider to
support patient's understanding of instructions.
- May inventory medical/surgical supplies and pharmaceuticals
non-controlled substances only to ensure adequate supply levels,
verify expiration dates, document utilization, optimize
organizational efficiency and space utilization.
- May have access to non-controlled medication storage/supply
areas and can transport non-controlled medications as necessary to
meet the needs of the clinic/unit.
- Prepares and cleans instruments.
- Follows protocols for sterilization and disinfection, including
high level disinfection of instruments and equipment.
- Cleans/sets up examination rooms between patients using
established infection prevention protocols.
- Follows hand hygiene and appropriate infection prevention
precautions. Routinely inspects/observes condition and operation of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identifies need for preventive and/or corrective
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety and
quality improvement program.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Travel may be required. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details*** $3,000 Sign on Bonus for Qualified Applicants
***We're proud to offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification
within 6 months - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Certified Medical Assistant - Radiology Oncology, Other , Blakeslee, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!