Helicopter Line Pilot
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Helicopter Line Pilot
Location: Avoca, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Transportation
Work Type: Full time
Department: Life Flight Pilot Team
Date Posted: 06/06/2023
Job ID: R-48483
Job SummaryLife Flight operates eight SPIFR EC145's and one
BK117C1. A $25,000 signing bonus for pilots ( 3yr. commitment) A
very competitive salary and benefit package +$5,000 to base salary
when the Single Pilot IFR credential is attained Annual ATP stipend
Relocation assistance reviewed case by case. 1.5X base salary for
extra shifts Additional financial incentives for extra shifts.
- 7 days on 7 days off
- Plans flight assignments and obtains briefing information
regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and
- Conducts a start of shift briefing with the assigned medical,
communications and ground personnel.
- Ensures that the aircraft is prepared pre-flight per the
General Operating Manual; is inspected, loaded, equipped, fueled
and staffed for a flight assignment.
- Supervises and assists loading and distribution of cargo and
passengers and determines that weight and balance is within
prescribed limitations per the utilized method of aircraft weight
and balance or the approved rotorcraft flight manual.
- Ensures cargo is properly secured and emergency equipment are
- Files, activates and closes the flight plans.
- Ensures proper completion of flight logs, records and
- Checks aircraft discrepancy log prior to flight to ensure all
discrepancies have been corrected or properly deferred prior to a
- Logs all mechanical discrepancies as they occur and informs
- Notifies the Life Flight Communications Center of the service
status of the aircraft.
- Participates in post-flight debriefings.
- Keeps navigation charts current and up to date.
- Maintains proficiency as Pilot-in-Command and proficiency in
- ---Certifications and Licenses: FAA commercial pilot with an
- FAA commercial pilot with an instrument rating
- 2000hrs. total time or 1500hrs total time with ATP rating
- 1500hrs. Helicopter time
- 1000hrs. Pilot in Command time
- 75hrs of actual or simulated instrument time at least 50hrs of
which were in actual flight
- 500 hours Cross Country
- 100 hours of night flight time
- Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidates
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
Position DetailsResponsible for the safe and efficient conduct of a
flight assignment related to the conveyance of patients in need of
emergency services. The pilot-in-command and is authorized to
process a flight assignment received from the Life Flight
Communications Center and determines whether to accept or decline a
flight assignment based on weather conditions or other factors that
may impact the safety of flight.Works in a patient care environment
in and around aircraft and is exposed to possible infectious
diseases and chemical toxins. Position may require sitting for long
periods of time in a helicopter or in an office environment.
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds. Exposed to non-conventional
motion, noise, vibration, jet fumes, and extreme temperatures.
Working conditions in or near aircraft and/or an aircraft hangar
environment on a daily basis and may be exposed to loud aircraft
noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles, and mechanical and
electrical hazards. Travel may be required. Employee may not exceed
275lbs in weight in flight gear. Accountable for satisfying all job
specific obligations and complying with all organization policies
and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. - Current
Federal Aviation Administration Class II Flight Physical Required.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Helicopter Instrument Training
License (IFR) - Default Issuing Body; Certified Airline Transport
Pilot - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Commercial Helicopter Pilot
with Instrument Helicopter Rating - Federal Aviation Administration
(FAA); Valid Driver's License - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Helicopter Line Pilot, Other , Sterling, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!