Foodservice Lead (Full Time)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Foodservice Lead (Full Time)
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Hospitality Services, Food Services
Work Type: Full time
Department: GCMC Food Services Team
Date Posted: 11/13/2023
Job ID: R-53053
Job SummaryCan perform assigned duties as a designated PIC (Person
In Charge). Works in a self-directed manner to prioritize the
established functions of foodservice operations. Assists with
coordinating staff activities to ensure the smooth and efficient
operation of foodservice daily tasks. Performs routine assignments
related to foodservice operations. Ensures a professional and
appropriate service standard and monitors other staff for
compliance with regulations related to food code and food service.
Provides leadership and support to other team members. Follows
established system wide enterprise and department policies and
- Acts as the Designated PIC (See "Authority & Chain of Command,
Foodservice" Policy) at assigned times or shifts.
- Opens or Closes department: Lock / unlock doors, equipment,
safe for cash handling
- Covers Call Off's: Manipulates schedule to cover open shifts by
calling in other employees or asking staff to stay.
- Solicits and encourages staff suggestions for process
- Works to promote a team environment and open communication
within the work area.
- Monitors, clears alerts/alarms, and takes appropriate
corrective action when necessary
- Takes and records food temperatures of food being held for
service. Takes corrective action when necessary.
- Ensures recipe compliance, performs, or inputs test trays,
patient rounding, communication with CDO, timely execution of tray
line, enforces tray standards.
- Cash handling as instructed, temperature monitoring, staff
monitoring. sanitation monitoring, portion control, customer
- Updates daily communication boards with information including
counts, product outages, PIC name, etc.
- Monitors cleaning assignments or cleaning assignments lists,
monitors staff to ensure they are cleaning and sanitizing
- Monitor staff tasks to completion and acts a mentor to staff.
May train staff
- Places maintenance requests for broken equipment to
- Additionally, Leads perform daily tasks in their area of focus
as part of a workflow that is separate from Lead Duties.
- Read and interpret patient meal tickets, read and confirm
patient identifiers, recipes, -ingredients, labels and dating.
- Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Food Service (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Valid Driver's License - Default
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Foodservice Lead (Full Time), Other , Factoryville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!