First Cook (flex)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: First Cook (flex)
Location: Muncy, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Hospitality Services, Cooks
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMCM Food Services Team
Date Posted: 10/16/2023
Job ID: R-53583
Job SummaryPrepares food for patients, employees, visitors, and
special functions. First Cook oversees the activities of all cooks
while preparing food themselves. Maintains a customer service
approach at all times when fulfilling responsibilities. Ensures a
professional and appropriate service standard while performing the
job. Follows system wide standards as well as department specific
- Prepares breakfast, lunch and dinner foods using standardized
recipes and methods of preparation.
- Responsible for cook, food bank, Kitchen duties as
- Ensures that all production is wrapped, dated and labeled.
- Follows food production schedules.
- Documents preparation and usage of food according to
- Informs the leadership about quality issues.
- Responds in a positive manner to customer need.
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed at all times.
- Daily monitor and daily checklist of assigned cooks.
- Helps ensure equipment is in working condition and places work
- Maintains all quality, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Works cooperatively with other personnel in a team effort to
accomplish departmental objectives in accordance with hospital
- Responsible for: Monitor food preparation to ensure foods are
prepared in small batches to minimize waste.
- Estimate food requirements and control serving portions
according to yield specified in standardized recipes to eliminate
waste and leftovers.
- Standardize and develop new recipes.
- Instruct, oversee, and delegate duties to cooks as
- Fill in for Supervisor as needed.
- Make menu changes, consulting with leadership.
- Completes all required in-services according to established
- May perform opening and or closing duties of the
department.Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Preferred)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , First Cook (flex), Other , Shunk, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!