Dental Hygienist - Flex
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Job Title: Dental Hygienist - Flex
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMC Dentistry Team
Date Posted: 11/02/2023
Job ID: R-54218
Job SummaryPerforms preventive and therapeutic direct patient care.
Meets the qualifications and holds appropriate licensure to provide
care for patients of all ages.
- Performs external and internal oral evaluations and records
comprehensive periodontal and restorative dental charting.
- Performs prophylactic treatment and provides services that may
involve placement of sub-gingival agents, periodontal probing,
scaling (manually or mechanically to remove subgingival and
supragingival plaque, calculus or stains), root planning, and full
- May administer pain control agents such as topical anesthetic,
Oraquix and and or local anesthesia (in accordance with 5, relating
to local anesthesia permit).
- Applies caries preventative agents including topical fluoride
trays and varnish, dental sealants, desensitizing agents to root
surfaces, and places temporary restorations when necessary.
- Exposes and processes dental radiographs.
- Provides patient education and home care protocols by
discussing and demonstrating homecare techniques and products for
patient use as part of an individualized self-care program.
- May include the importance of good nutrition and tobacco
cessation in maintaining optimal oral health.
- Completes new medical questionnaire annually.
- Updates and reviews medical health history and completes all
electronic medical record screenings at every dental visit.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments and disinfects dental
equipment and operatory.
- Maintains responsibility for general operatory and clinic
maintenance, as well as monitors expiration dates on supplies.
- Maintains current professional license and technical skills
with continuing education and mandatory in-house training programs
and performance improvement activities as applicable.
- Attends and participates in appropriate monthly meetings.
- When time permits, monitors their own schedules and
communicates with scheduling pod to ensure cancellations and open
slots are filled.
- Assists in other areas as appropriate and as time permits.
- Reply to patient questions and concerns.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
- Will Flex at either Milton or Danville location - as
EducationAssociate's Degree-Dental Hygiene (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Dental Hygienist - PA State Board of
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Scranton , Dental Hygienist - Flex, Other , Hughesville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!