Certified Nurse Aide - Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center (Nurse Aide)
Company: Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Are you an ambitious and confident caretaker dedicated to providing
amazing resident care in a long-term care facility? Check out this
opportunity for a Certified Nurse Aide! The Department of Military
& Veterans Affairs, Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center, is seeking
hard-working, compassionate, and caring nurse aides who are
dedicated to providing quality care for our residents. We have
wonderful opportunities for full-time 2nd and 3rd shifts for
Certified Nurse Aides who strive to provide our veterans and their
spouses with dedicated and superior care. Apply today and see what
a career with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has to offer
Watch this to see how you can make a difference caring for
Pennsylvania's veterans working for the Department of Military and
Veterans Affairs. Come join the DMVA team, apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our enthusiastic and dedicated nursing staff provides 24-hour care,
seven days a week. From helping our residents prepare for their day
to assisting them to participate in exciting activities, you will
play a huge role in their day. Through this day-to-day contact with
our residents, you will have the ability to positively impact their
quality of life by providing the best possible care.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this
position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment, 80-hours biweekly.
- Work hours are 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM (2nd Shift) with a 30-minute
lunch and 11:00 PM to 7:30 AM (3rd Shift) with a 30-minute lunch.
You are required to work every other weekend, with rotating off
days during the week.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be
- You will receive further communication regarding this position
via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Active registration as a Nurse Aide in the Pennsylvania Nurse
Aide Registry; or
- Six months of paid experience in the care and treatment of
geriatric or physically ill patients or residents.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- This position is assigned to a long-term or specialized care
facility and requires active registration as a Nurse Aide in the
Pennsylvania Nurse Aide Registry.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- Willingness to work full-time, 2nd or 3rd shift preferred, but
- A conditional offer of employment will require a medical
examination and a drug screening.
- This position falls under the provisions of the Older Adult
Protective Services Act.
- Under the Act, a conditional offer of employment will require
submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports,
including but not limited to, PA State Police and FBI
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be
reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be
considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the
position. Information to support your eligibility for the position
must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date.
Late applications and other required materials will not be
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may
eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. *7103) provides employment
preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and
local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences
for veterans, go to and click the Veterans' Preference tab or
contact us at .
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).If
you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a
disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the
interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is
committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion
as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified
people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed,
ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status,
disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal
or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Commonwealth Of Pennsylvania, Scranton , Certified Nurse Aide - Gino J. Merli Veterans' Center (Nurse Aide), Other , Scranton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!